MTC Crash on Mac

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Darrel Farris 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Timothy
    Participant

Having problem w/ MTC crashing on Mac – always when using the eraser tool in larger pixel traces.  Does not happen on smaller images.  Once it happens in a project- can’t ease anything without immediate crash.  Thoughts?  Thank you.

Darrel Farris
    Keymaster

I would try reinstalling MTC from scratch and see if that helps.  Make the Cut has been abandoned by its developer and hasn’t received an update in several years, so there’s not much recourse one can take.

There’s a link to download App Cleaner on this page to help achieve a clean reinstallation: http://knkusa.com/mtc/

If you like, you can attach your MTC file and I can see whether I get the same crash as you do.

Darrel Farris
    Keymaster

I would try reinstalling MTC from scratch and see if that helps.  Make the Cut has been abandoned by its developer and hasn’t received an update in several years, so there’s not much recourse one can take.

There’s a link to download App Cleaner on this page to help achieve a clean reinstallation: http://knkusa.com/mtc/

If you like, you can attach your MTC file and I can see whether I get the same crash as you do.

Alecia Fishburn
    Participant

Darrel I have a question about this. Since MTC is no longer supported by the developer should I look at changing to another program? I use a MacBook Air and am wondering if there is some other design and cut program that would be better for me as I have issues every time the OS is updated on my computer. I have actually partitioned my hard drive and no longer update on the partition I use for MTC because it has froze up my machine before and I can’t have that happen again as I use my laptop daily for work. Any suggestions you might have are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Darrel Farris
    Keymaster

Sure Cuts a Lot has been working with KNK to support the Zing Orbit and has been steadily updating their software and are responsive to fixing bugs.  It’s also a native Mac app, so no special considerations are needed.  You can download a trial version and check it out before buying. The only thing you can’t do with a trial version is cut, save files, or anything “output” related. I’ve grown to like it a lot.

You can export your MTC files as SVGs and import them, as well.  If you’re unable to do that because of the state of things, I’d be happy to do that for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics