Multiple passes without lifting

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alex555 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

alex555
    Participant

Is there a way to do multiple passes of a closed path without lifting?

Using C3, when I give a single closed path shape and set multiple passes, at the end of each pass the machine lifts the knife then puts it back down to start the next pass.

Sandy

What are your settings and are you on the current version of C3?  I just did a quick test with two passes on a circle and my blade stayed down for both passes.  Maybe there’s a bug based a different set up?

alex555
    Participant

Hi Sandy,

I just tested a simple square made in inkscape, converted to a path — and it does indeed do multiple passes without lifting.

Originally I was trying to draw a single complex closed path made with inkscape. As far as I can tell, the path is closed; I added start and end stroke markers, and they’re on the same node in the path. I’m getting some weird behavior, though, and I’m not really clear on what’s going on:

• Here’s the image: http://imgh.us/belgium.svg
    • If I leave the shape as-is, the pen lifts between each pass.
    • If I select the shape and click combine, then the machine does some really weird behavior. At some point throughout the pass, it’ll just start feeding out continuously (with the pen down still) until I hit “Cancel”. It cannot complete the job.

Any insight into what’s going on would be very much appreciated!

Version 0.5.40
    Passes=2, SD=30, ED=30
    CS=30, US=40, PS=20, LS=20
    Left tool: pen
    No blade offset; Normal path direction; optimize cut order Off; closed-path overcut 0.0
    Alex

Sandy

Very bizarre.  It does the same for me.  However, from SCAL, it cut without raising the head between passes.  I’ll forward this file to our C3 programmer for his input.

alex555
    Participant

Hello Sandy,

Did you ever hear back from the C3 dev? I’m still having this problem on most of my cut jobs.

Thanks!

Sandy

I sent two emails without a response. I’ll try again.

Sandy

Good news, Alex.  The issue causing the head not to stay down has been identified and the next release of C3 (due soon) will contain a fix.

alex555
    Participant

Great — thank you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics