Rotary tool mount holds down shaft lock

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  myates 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

myates
    Participant

The photos in the PDF appear to have a different shaft lock button. On top of that, the rotary tool doesn’t allow the cutter bit to sit as deep as shown in the PDF. I have at least 1/2 inch of cutter exposed, which doesn’t allow the lock button to sit below the mount.

I’m using the single flute 1/16″ end mill supplied with the rotary tool. I have remove the plastic collar to get it to sit a bit deeper in the rotary tool. (ref: https://knkusa.com/product/rotary-bit-116-singel-fl-endmill/ )

The shaft definitely doesn’t spin with teh button held down.

Thankfully I have a 3D printer sitting next to the Force and I’m going to try to re-engineer the rotary tool holder to allow more room for that button. I’ll post a link to it here. It should be identical, except for the space between the green body of the tool and the locking screw that clamps it in place.

IMG_20171011_120002679

IMG_20171011_114708538IMG_20171011_114713455

Matt

Sandy

No one using the rotary tool has reported this issue. Also, if you compare my photos, you’ll see that in the last one in that section, the rotary tool is mounted higher where by the lock button is NOT below the adaptor.   Thus, I had slipped the tool up higher when I actually got it mounted.  Sorry about that!

You can also verify this by watching Darrel’s video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSfOWWnNWyM

myates
    Participant

My newly printed mount solved the problem nicely. I’ll post up some pictures tomorrow.

Not a huge deal for me since I make design and make things all day, but it could be an issue for someone else.

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics