SCAL to SCAL Pro ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dae Sheils
    Participant

I would like to inquire with users of this program.  I’m at the point with MTC that I feel like I’m working with a program that was made in the late 90’s.  It fights me at times and just isn’t MAC OSX friendly.

My inquiry is, what is the the advantage to have SCAL Pro to SCAL standard version.  The money isn’t the issue, I just need to know if the extra $140 is worth the Pro version.

Thanks in advance.

Darrel Farris
    Keymaster

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, there’s a list of the Pro features: http://craftedge.com/products/products_scalpro.html

I use the weeding lines feature sometimes, but that’s about it. The pro version is geared towards sign/banner makers. The cost to upgrade to the pro version from the standard edition is the same cost difference as buying it outright. You can always upgrade later if you feel the need.

Dae Sheils
    Participant

Thank you Darrel.

Looks like I have to go with the Pro version since there are two features that I use almost exclusively with MTC as of right now.  That is the Print and Cut and the Duplicate feature.  If the standard version doesn’t come with that i wouldn’t be worth it in my opinion.

Darrel Farris
    Keymaster

Print and Cut works with the standard version on KNK machines.  You can also duplicate objects in the standard version. The Pro version just gives you a secondary method of doing so at the time of cutting rather than before.

This post in the Facebook group has some excerpts from the user manual that elaborate on what the pro features are and whether or not they’re actually something unique or just a “shortcut” for achieving a result.

Sandy

Here’s a link on my site to what I also posted on Facebook.

http://www.iloveknk.com/wp-content/uploads/Info/SCAL4_Pro_Features.pdf

It’s very misleading how PNC and Duplicate are listed as additional features.  PNC works on all KNK models using the regular SCAL version.  And, as Darrel mentions, duplicate is also available in the regular SCAL. The Pro version simply allows you to do it in the cutting window, as well as the main window.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Sandy.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Sandy.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics