24” Orbit – when in stock?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sunhotmoon
    Participant

I’m interested in purchasing a Zing Orbit, 24”. Can you please tell me when they will be back in stock? Thx.

Sandy

Currently KNK USA doesn’t have a set ETA, however the 24″ ZO’s are currently in production at the factory. Once KNK has a better time frame as to when they will have them in the warehouse, the ZO’s will be placed as a back order item in the store.  I will post an announcement here as soon as I’m provided an update.

sunhotmoon
    Participant

Thanks, Sandy.  What about the MAXX? Same situation?

(Actually, I’m probably leaning in the MAXX direction. I have to learn more about their capabilities for my purposes. I have read both manuals.)

Sandy

Same situation.  Hopefully late fall, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not mid-winter.

sunhotmoon
    Participant

Thanks, Sandy.

I do metal sculpture, and have a number of questions about what exactly one of these cutters will do, both on metal and using other materials as mold materials. (Probably leaning toward the MAXX because of the increased force.)

I’m an advanced Photoshop user, (currently using it for detailed metal etching designs), and I have ideas for how I might use a cutter, but don’t know if it would be possible. I’d like to know before I purchase one. The manuals are helpful, but don’t answer my questions. And your website doesn’t really say much that would help a person choose.

I don’t and will never do Facebook. Can you tell me the best way to get my detailed questions answered?

Sandy

I’m qualified to answer detailed questions as I’ve been working as a contractor for KNK USA for the past 12 years.  You can either post your detailed questions here or you can email me directly at smccauley45@cox.net. As a quick guide to what will cut and what will not cut:  If you can manually cut a material that’s not thicker than about 2 mm with a craft knife in one or two passes, then the cutter should be able to, as well. However materials that thick are limited in the size and detail of the cut. At the other end of the thickness scale, a material that’s extremely thin, like vinyl or copy paper can be easily cut and extremely small (less than 3 mm in size) intricate shapes are possible.  If you are interested in engraving metal, then you can do that on most surfaces but you cannot insert anything thicker than about 8 mm into the cutter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest