advantage of 3 axis cutting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sewsetter
    Participant

I am a bit ignorant on what the advantage of  3 axis cutting is?    A little explanation would be nice.   Trying to make a decision on possibly upgrading to it.

Thanks / Sue

Sandy

Instead of the head “dropping” to begin cutting, it moves downward at a controlled speed. This change was necessary for adding rotary tool capability.  It has also added a great deal of power, as well as functionality, to the cutter.

sewsetter
    Participant

Will that then translate into better intricate cutting?   My Zing does a pretty good job, but if this is better…. worth looking into.

Sandy

No, I wouldn’t say that Z axis control neceassarily results in more intricate cutting. However, tests on the new Zing Orbit (which is coming out in March) indicate that it is capable of cutting small shapes with amazing accuracy. The photo below shows a cut from vinyl. Note the size of the TM in relation to the lettering on the dime… quite incredible, even for vinyl.  Now, you won’t be able to get those results from cardstock because of the nature of cardstock itself. However, I DO expect to see far more intricate cuts capable from cardstock and other similar materials, in comparison to earlier KNK models and other current competing brands of cutters.

Zing Logo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics