black roller alignment off on zing orbit

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    nikkinho923
    Participant

I have been cutting some projects and my cut sometime off alignment. I have found out that the black rollers on the zing orbit is not straight when i was jogging it back and forth….how do i fix the alignment of the roller?

Sandy

I’m not sure what you mean exactly. Post a photo and maybe explain in more detail?

nikkinho923
    Participant

link to video

20190614_183300

it starts okay then the alignment goes off really bad.  This is the first time I tried to make a box and this happens. when I do small projects, its okay.  There also random times where it made a random diagonal cut right across my cardstock which i couldn’t catch on camera.

nikkinho923
    Participant

this is what it looks like on my SCAL5 software.

in the video link i uploaded earlier, you can see on that ruler that my mat is moving way off.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 6.49.15 PM

Sandy

When I click on the Video link, I get an error message that it’s unavailable.  🙁    But perhaps these two verifications will solve the issue:

(1) Remove the mat and look at the pinch wheels. They need to be centered over the grit shafts

(2) You need pinch wheels balanced. In other words you can’t be using one pinch wheel on the left side of the mat and a second in the middle of the mat and that’s all. You need balance as I show in the ZO user manual.  With the ZO mat on the ZO 15″ model, I have pinch wheels over the two outside grit shaft positions, which is what I show in the manual.

nikkinho923
    Participant

I have been using all three pinch wheel and its on their slot and the mat shift whenever i do big cuts.

Sandy

This is what I get when I click on your video link:

Capture

nikkinho923
    Participant
    Sandy

Based on seeing that you’re using the 14″ x 24″ mat and also seeing that you have the right edge aligned at the 19″ location on the ruler,  the 3 pinch wheels are not in the correct locations to have a balanced pressure on the mat.  You need pinch wheels near the outside edges on both sides.  So, I want you to position your mat in the center of the cutter,  like I show in the user manual.  That should help tremendously.

nikkinho923
    Participant

I did what you said and whatever the manual said. Its aligned to the white arrow….its still doing it my cut still shifts.

Sandy

Please post a full photo showing your mat inserted into the Zing Orbit, so that I can see the pinch wheels on the mat.  Then also, I need to know what material you’re cutting and what settings you’re using. Thanks!

nikkinho923
    Participant

Video2

https://youtu.be/MaEjeaBaIXU

I’m cuting cardstock 65lb.

Blade .35mm , offset 1.0

Pressure 30 , speed 10

Sandy

This is the photo I want to see. Notice how my mat is centered with respect to the outside pinch wheels.  From your videos, it seems to me the mat is not balanced but rather shifted to the right side of the ZO.  Also, make sure the blade isn’t cutting into the mat so deeply that you can feel the cuts with your fingernail. That can also contribute skewing. If it is cutting deeply, then you need to retract the blade but leave the pressure alone.

IMG_5674_resize

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest