Blade cutting between shapes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  likwid101 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

likwid101
    Participant

I’m going mad…

… I am having trouble with my zing orbit cutting through the HTV between shapes (and even within the shape itself). I have decreased pressure, increased blade height, change HTV type, change red for blue blade and all of those combinations… I’ve even changed the spring and cleaned the mat hoping to find something that will stop this.

AND, I was cutting all these materials with the same blade and settings for over a week with no problems. I can’t figure out what could have changed over the weekend. Additionally, I have only owned the orbit for under a month and used it to cut maybe 5 yards of 12″ wide HTV.

What could cause the orbit to cut continuously?

Sandy

I think the first thing to do is repeat one of your typical cuts but use the test pen on paper. This way you’ll know for sure if it’s a cut settings issue or not. I suspect that the head may be sticking in the down position which is causing this to happen however I am NOT qualified to diagnose issues like this.  But doing this test will be very helpful to KNK in diagnosing. Try using 20 Post It notes on top  of the paper when you load the test pen and then use a force of 40.  I recommend a slower speed so that you can more easily bend down and watch the head to see if it appears to be sticking between shapes.  If my guess is correct, then start a support ticket at KNK USA using the following link: https://knkusa.com/support-ticket-request/

If this doesn’t seem to be the case, then is it possible there’s some bowing of the material?  Are you cutting the HTV on a mat and perhaps the mat is bowing a bit? Do you have support tables for the mat?

likwid101
    Participant

Just ran the suggested test and everything came out fine… any other checks I could do before going through support?

Sandy

Yes, before starting a support ticket, you could answer the questions I posted in the last paragraph of my prior response that were based on assuming that everything came out fine.

likwid101
    Participant

Well, I don’t have a table for the mat per se… I created my own table using some rollers (that come with the HTV) on the feed side of the Zing. After removing these it appears the problem has gone away except just this last cut it did drag a bit on one letter. The mat did push up a bit on the back side of the rollers (by a very small amount) due to the rollers but how would this effect the blade since it is on the other side of the roller? Hmmm… but at least I found my problem (I think) and I’m posting it so others might learn from my mistake.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest