Bluetooth Radio installation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Some users are experiencing difficulty in getting the Bluetooth working properly. In most cases I have come by, the issue is in the operating system not finding the proper driver. This is especially prone to occur when the PC has a Bluetooth radio on-board already.

First, disable the on-board Bluetooth. You can disable it by going to the Windows Device Manager: In the bottom left corner of the window task bar, right-click the windows start icon. Next, select Device Manager from the drop down list.

Once in the device manager, expand the bluetooth icon. Depending on your computer brand, the device may be different. However, it should read something along the lines of “Bluetooth 4.0 USB”. Right click it and choose “disable”.

Plug the dongle into the USB port, and let Windows install the drivers. What you should see is the Microsoft Generic Bluetooth Radio driver, and the Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator. If not, or if the cautionary symbol is showing an improper installation, you can right click the radio entry, and choose “Update Driver Software”, then choose “Browse My Computer”.

In the next window choose “Let Me pick” and at the next window, you should see the Generic Bluetooth adapter. If not, remove the check mark for “Show Compatible hardware” and scroll down the left side until you find Generic Adapter, then choose the driver on the right for the Generic Bluetooth adapter.

humo25odie
    Participant

I have a question, have you heard of anyone having their dongle that came with the bundle die, mine was installed a few months ago and now it’s not even recognized by any of my computers, can I go ahead and just get one from any store to have my MAXX Air running again.

Thanks.

Jess

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi Jess,

As with anything, these adapters can definitely fail. If you’ve had your machine for less than 3 months, we can replace the Bluetooth to USB adapter under warranty! Let us know and we can get a replacement out to you.

Take care.

humo25odie
    Participant

Hi Chad, No I got the machine in December as a Christmas present(I wanted the Zing but got the Maxx Air instead), but didn’t start learning how to use it until March, it’s a very Intimidating piece of equipment and isn’t till now that I was starting to cut, Lol. I will go ahead and get one then, is there any in particular you guys recommend and then after that I just have to pair it the Maxx no!

Thanks for all the help.

Jess.

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi Jess,

Any USB to Bluetooth adapter should work just fine! There’s no specific brand or type recommended since all seem to work rather well.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest