C3 Display on Force on WiFi

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ogaugerr 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ogaugerr
    Participant

I just set up my Force today.  I have a very high speed internet connection and router, so I assumed I would use the WiFi version of connectivity.  I had no problem setting up the Force using a wired Ethernet connection to the router, set the static IP address for WiFi, set it to WiFi connectivity and switched off.  C3 worked as advertised through all of this.  Then, when I switched back on a couple of hours later, I could see the Force on the network map (with the right static IP address), but it takes a long time to connect to it via my network and, MUCH worse, C3 looks all garbled, sort of like web sites look when something isn’t coming over right.  I managed to stumble through the test in Section 2 of the manual, but if C3 continues to look so weird I can’t imagine being able to surmount the learning  curve on this baby.  Please help!!

Sandy

This is a new one for me. A few questions:

(1) What browser are you using?   If you’re not using Chrome, could you try out Chrome?

(2) Do you have a smart phone you could also test?

(3) Are you able to click on the Status tab and see what version of C3 has been installed?

If you still see a garbled screen, please start a support ticket with KNK USA using this link:  https://knkusa.com/support-ticket-request/

ogaugerr
    Participant

Thanks for responding so quickly, Sandy.  I am using Chrome, and during the (wired to the router) setup process, using this same computer, C3 looked just like it does in the instruction manual.  Only when I link through the WiFi to the static IP address of the Force do I get this problem, where all of the page’s fields are listed on consecutive lines instead of being laid out like they are when C3 is looking like in the manual.

I was able to check the status readily, and the version number is 0.5.56.  Is that what it should be?  Updating is ON.

I will try another computer perhaps using Firefox and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Sandy

Yes, you’re on the latest version of C3.  And, yes, test another device but don’t hesitate to start that support ticket with KNK USA.

Sandy

Yes, you’re on the latest version of C3.  And, yes, test another device but don’t hesitate to start that support ticket with KNK USA.

Sandy

ogaugerr
    Participant

Thanks again.  The update is that after the connection was on for about an hour, during which I muddled through with the garbled display doing a series of test cuts on the machine, C3 suddenly started looking like it’s supposed to look.  Go figure!  Perhaps the WiFi communication speed is not high enough?  Anyway, I’ll monitor the problem and start the support ticket if it becomes unbearable.  Meanwhile I have another question for which I’ll start a separate topic.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics