CALIBRATING EXTRUDER

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

reallygroovy
    Participant

i am trying to calibrate my extruders.  where do i change the steps per mm?  i have replicatorg installed, but i do not see where i should input the new steps per mm.  also, is the knp3d a clone r1 dual?  just want to make sure i have chosen the right machine in replicatorg.

thanks!

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I am not familiar with ReplicatorG so I won’t be much help, in that respect. With that in mind, The KNP3D would better match a Replicator 2X and not an R1.

Hope this helps.

Sandy

Our KNP3D Facebook Group has some owners who are great at helping with questions like this. I highly recommend asking there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KNP3D/

If you are averse to Facebook, please post back and I will post to the group and see if someone will be willing to come here to help you.

reallygroovy
    Participant

thanks chad, i will go with replicator 2x.  thanks sandy! if you would ask the Facebook ground i would appreciate it.  you may want to add that i used thing 2440657 from thingiverse to do the 100 mm test.  my extruder was off 7mm and i am anxious to getting better prints! thanks!

builderdad
    Participant

Hello,

With Sailfish firmware you have to add a G92 to your starting GCodes with the value you would like to use. There is no way to edit the EEPROM settings as you would with Marlin/Repetier firmware.

Example M92 X88.8 Y88.8 Z400 E101

You can use it to just change a single axis.

M92 E101

builderdad
    Participant

After that calibration you may want to do this for your flow rate.

http://www.desiquintans.com/flowrate

reallygroovy
    Participant

thank you builder dad for your quick response! i really appreciate the info/help.  i also appreciate the link you provided in regards to flow rate.  gonna adjust my settings and see what happens!!!  and thank you sandy for providing my question to the Facebook group – appreciate that a lot!!! thanks again.

Sandy

You’re welcome! Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics