Calibrating the Force’s Sizing Resolution

Computerized Cutting Systems and Supplies – KLIC-N-KUT Forums Cutters & Equipment KNK Force Calibrating the Force’s Sizing Resolution

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    reallygroovy
    Participant

tried to calibrate the force, however, the measurements do not add up.  the left and right lines (using a pen for drawing) are not of equal length.  the right line is off at least 5/16″.  i would think that each line parallel to each other would be the same since since i am drawing a square.

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi there,

That definitely seems odd. Both right and left (parallel sides) should be square. Are you drawing on a cutting mat or have the paper loaded directly in the machine? What do you have for your Cutting speed and cutting depth? Also, is it just the left and right side (vertical lines) that are off?

reallygroovy
    Participant

thanks for the quick response chad.  i am drawing on one of the cutting mats i received with the force.  cs=25, cd=35, bo=0.0, cpo=0.0.  the vertical lines are off.  the lines at the left upper corner of the square do not quite intersect.  it appears that the upper horizontal line slopes downward (right to left) in order to intersect with the upper right vertical line.  the pattern width and the pattern height are both at 10″.  i made my own square with mtc using the square shape and i also used the sizing calibration svg.  i tried it several times and had the same result.  the units on the force is set to inches and the belt and wheel resolution are both set to 1.0.

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Try lowering your speed from 25 to 20. If you still see that the square is off kilter, try 15. Let me know your results.

Talk soon!

reallygroovy
    Participant

i lowered the cs to 20 and also lowered it to 15.  same results.  the vertical lines are not equal in length.

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Would you be able to give us a call? This might be something best handled over the phone.

800-268-3672. Ask for Ron.

Thanks!

reallygroovy
    Participant

perfect! thanks chad. will call and ask for ron.

reallygroovy
    Participant

hurray! got the issue resolved.  spoke with ron, who, by the way, is great!  anyway, in case anyone has this issue, i thought i would post the solution.  i realized that my paper was moving on the x axis crooked.  reason being was that my pinch wheels were not aligned under the grey tab (rough rollers below the pinch wheels).  although, i probably installed them with the wheels under the grey tabs, i think i may have moved one of them because i was thinking “adjustable pinch wheels” and it should be ok.  anyway, the moral of the story is that you can move your pinch wheels anywhere, but, in order to not have any skewing, make sure your pinch wheels are aligned under the grey tab otherwise your cuts/drawings/embossing/ etc. will be off.  ron explained that the pinch wheels and the rough roller grips your mat/paper which secures it in the machine.  makes perfect sense! happy cutting!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest