Can't get Zing Orbit to scan registration marks

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cheshcatalyst
    Participant

When I was calibrating my machine, and printed the arrows it scanned and cut them perfectly.  Now I am trying to scan and cut a sample project and I have been trying to get the machine to scan my registration marks for the past two hours and it keeps failing.

I go through the process of aligning the corner of the first registration mark with my blade, and when I hit scan it will scan over the line, but then quickly stops.  What am I doing wrong?  When I was going through the calibration it seemed to scan for a longer period of time before giving up when it failed on my first attempt.

I am doing this on kraft brown paper if that makes any difference.  Going to try white in a second to see if I get better results.

cheshcatalyst
    Participant

It works fine on the white paper.  It scanned much longs as it did in my previous cuts.  Am I not able to use scan and cut on different colored papers?  The registration marks are clearly visible.  I’ve attached an image of my quick test project.  IMG_20190128_105800

cheshcatalyst
    Participant

I’ve just tried it on ivory colored paper also, and I can’t get the laser to recognize the registration marks.  If i’m not doing something wrong, and if this is a limitation of the machine…it’s a rather LARGE limitation.  I hope i’m doing something incorrectly.  It works on white paper with no problem.

cheshcatalyst
    Participant

Never mind.  I got it to work with the scotch tape tip mentioned in another posting.  Thanks for that tip!  🙂

Sandy

Very happy to read that the scotch tape trick worked!  Post back if you have any other questions or issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest