Cutter cutting as it returns to origin

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  john4 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

john4
    Participant

I set the blade exposure using the “fold over and manually cut” method.  I got clean cuts on the top surface and nothing on the lower surface, so I proceeded to try some test cuts on cardstock – probably around 60-80#. The speed was set to 15 and the pressure at 50.  The origin point (WYSWYG) was set at the lower right hand corner as directed. The data was sent to the Orbit and the cut was done in the correct spot, cleanly. But, when the cut is complete as the cutter returns to the bottom right corner it leaves a cut nearly the same depth as the design cut from the design to its origin.

I checked the troubleshooting section, but didn’t see anything.  Ideas?

Sandy

Are you using the Post It note method when loading and tightening the blade holder into the Zing Orbit?  Here’s a video I made for this method for the original Zing. Note that the Post It notes go on top of the material, not just on top of the cutting mat.  This distance is important because it prevents the issue you’re reporting and also provides what one of our dealers termed “punch room”.  It provides a much more consistent cut across the material.

Sandy

One more thing… with the Zing Orbit, that punch room is maximized at around 20 Post It notes, not 25.  So use 20 with the red capped blade. With the thinner/sharper blue capped blade, 20 is too much with certain denser materials that might chip. We recommend ~ 10 – 15 Post It notes.

john4
    Participant

I did the post it method, but I apparently used the blue blade recommendation instead of the red blade setting!  I will reset the holder and report back.

john4
    Participant

Amazing what happens when one actually follows the “correct” instructions!  Thanks, Sandy. Now onward in working thru the manual and getting to know more about the Orbit. I am looking forward to trying the print and cut, but that is a day or two away.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

***Please note: We will be closed on 12pm on Friday the 25th and reopening on Tuesday the 29th. Any orders placed between these dates will ship on the 29th.
Happy Memorial Day from everyone at KLIC-N-KUT!***
Dismiss

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics