Cutting Zing and MTC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tijdomtescrappen
    Participant

I have my Zing for three years but not using it often because the cutting is not beautiful. I only cut thicker vinyl twice for my projects with Make the Cut.  The lines are not fluently. I have the feeling that it cuts once, stops for a splitsecond and cuts then for the second time. You can see very clear where the start of the cut is. The line is not whole throughout. When I cut with the same programma and my Cricut or my Silhouette there is no problem. It cuts perfectly but both machines do not have the speed and the force of the Zing. That is the reason why I purchase the Zing. I am from the Netherlands.

Darrel Farris
    Keymaster

If you’re using a Mac, this could be related to the Data Throttle setting in the plugin. Can you share some details about your setup, such as OS version and whether you’re connecting via Bluetooth or USB?

tijdomtescrappen
    Participant

Hi Darrel,

Thanks for your reaction. My OS version is Windows 10. I am using a usb to connect on my laptop.

Sandy

(1) What settings are you using to cut the vinyl, including Blade Offset?

(2) If you lift the vinyl can you see cut lines in the top of the backing sheet?

The most common mistakes by our customers cutting vinyl are either too aggressive force and speed and/or having too much blade exposed for the cut.

tijdomtescrappen
    Participant

Sorry for my late reaction. Pressure is 130, speed 11, blade offset .45 mm. I’ve tried to adjust them before, but these settings seem to give me the best result. And there are no cuts in the backing sheet.

I’ve included some pictures of the defects to help diagnose the problem. I hope they are clear enough. It’s very difficult to photograph.

Cutting defect 1

Cutting defect 2

Cutting defect 3

Sandy

Are you setting Multi-cut to 2 Passes or just cutting a second time?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest