Dashed lines

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kellygdc3
    Participant

I have been watching Sandy’s videos on MTC, which are great. My question is, I watched the dashed lines video and know how to do them, but how do I weld/join the lines onto the background to be cut? When I hit either weld or join, the whole image becomes dashed lines.

Sandy

You don’t want to weld or join the dashed lines to solid lines. You can apply a Join to all of the dashed lines themselves, if you like. I do that to make it less likely that I’ll inadvertently shift one of them out of place.  But otherwise they will cut just fine without being “attached” in any way to the solid cut lines.

kellygdc3
    Participant

Say I’m making a box or somethng where the fold lines need to be in a certin place, how do I get it so those dashed lines don’t move on the project?

Sandy

Assuming you have them in the correct location on the screen, relative to the cut lines, they’ll cut in that same spot.  Now this assume you’re sending both the dashed lines and the cut lines to cut at the same time.

If, for some reason, you’re not sending them to cut together, then you’ll need to be in WYSIWYG mode. This would be a situation like for the boxes I make whereby I do not use dashed lines and, instead, use the embosser to score the fold lines.  In that situation, I have to change out the embosser for the blade holder after scoring and before cutting, thus, I have to make sure I use the same origin and, again, use WYSIWYG mode.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest