Design & Control Software for Force

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lazar 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Doug
    Participant

Does anybody on the development end of things have any insight on what the best design and control software is going to end up being to work with the Force? I got my unit early and have enjoyed the tinkering around with it, but until the full implementation of the control software is rolled out I don’t want to plunk down cash for design software that may not work well with it.

Will there be direct cutting head control eventually (rather than exporting/importing SVG files)?

Will we be able to make use of the dual tool heads via layers in the drawings/designs?

Will we be able to control the unit via GCODE?

Thoughts? Comments?

Doug
    Participant

I’m really hoping that using something like the Vectric Cut2D software will be possible… A lot of possibilities open up with the print & cut options if coupled with design software like that.

http://www.vectric.com/products/cut2d.html

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

@doug – We do have our API published! If they were interested in supporting it, everything they need is available:

http://knkusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/KNK-Force-API.zip

The developer of both Make The Cut and Sure Cuts A Lot are working on plugins for the Force. I’m certain both plan on taking full advantage of the features built into the Force. The KNK Force does not run on Gcode. It runs our flavor of HPGL. We have not discussed the possibility of running the machine via Gcode.

Lazar
    Participant

I can assume that, almost 2 years later, Gcode initiative didn’t get very far… still, have to ask – any progress? 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics