Does SCAL offer a wireframe printing option?

Computerized Cutting Systems and Supplies – KLIC-N-KUT Forums Software Sure Cuts A Lot Does SCAL offer a wireframe printing option?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jacksonista
    Participant

Hi all,

I don’t own SCAL yet but I like to save ink by using wireframe print in MTC.  Does SCAL offer a wireframe print feature?

Thanks!

Sandy

Yes. There’s an option to print outlines only in the print window.

jacksonista
    Participant

Thank you, Sandy.  <span style=”background-color: #f5f6f5;”>I downloaded the demo and then never got to use it before it expired. Today I</span> purchased SCAL4.

I found the outline setting which can be toggled from the “view” or “document” menu.  It does show the outline of my object on the mat but, it will not print the outlined object for me; it only prints the registration marks around the object.  I know it has got to be something I am doing, but I don’t know what.

I go to file, print, and then check the “print registration marks” and “print outlines only” and get only registration marks on my print preview through my printer software.  I’ve checked “print selection only”, and nothing.  I’ve checked the “print outlines only” box and still nothing.  The only thing that shows up when checked is “print registration marks”.

I have deselected the outline setting on my mat view and then gone through the same choices at printing and still nothing other than the reg. marks.

I’m stumped.

Thanks for the help!

Patricia

jacksonista
    Participant

Hi Sandy, me again.

I was testing this on a textured box I drew free-hand on the mat.  I just changed the line type from solid to dashed or dot and it now shows up in my print preview.  When I change the line type back to solid, it disappears again.

I imported an SVG file and tested it.  The outlines show up and they do not need to be changed to dash or dot.  Strange, but it works for me 🙂

Patricia

jacksonista
    Participant

Also, when I select an object on the mat and wish to nudge it a little, say up and down or side to side, the SCAL software moves it by a mile with each nudge (push of a directional key), making precision line-up almost impossible.  Is there any way to reduce the “step size” or “increment size” when nudging?

Thanks 🙂

Sandy

Are you using the Nudge icons on the Position Panel to move the object?   When I click on one of those icons, my shape only moves 0.01″ which is a really small distance.  If that is still too large, go to Edit>Preferences and click on the Edit tab. You can then change that Nudge distance to whatever you need.  🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest