Getting a cleaner cut

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gabe.kopp
    Participant

Just got a zing air. Up and working fine.

I am trying to cleanly cut vinyl. I have the zing air set at 10 speed, 7 force, 25 on blade displacement (red blade). The blade depth seems right (not too deep–25 sticky notes). Unfortunately, I’m not seeing sharp corners like on my AI file I imported. Corners are more rounded and the lines are not super straight/sharp in the detailed areas of the ‘F’. I want 90 degree sharp angles. Everything has a more rounded inaccurate look compared to the block right angle text I’m trying to cut. When I use the pen tool, everything looks good. Only happens with the blade.

I used to have these stickers made from a pro shop and I know how good they can look. Right now, they just don’t luck as tight of cut. Any suggestions?

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi Gabe,

Try raising the blade offset a bit. Although we have listed blade offset values, sometimes the grind of the blade can be slightly off. Try raising it from 25 to 35 and give it another go. If it still could use improvement, try raising another 10 units.

Hope this helps!

gabe.kopp
    Participant

Chad,

I ended up reading an old string that had someone cutting with a thick material blade that he thought was a thin material blade. I realized that the red and blue caps were switched when my unit was delivered to me. The thick material blade had the red cap on it. I looked at the blade descriptions and sure enough it was true. Now that I have the right blade in there, its 100x’s better.

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Ah great news! Thanks for the update 🙂

brad
    Participant

Stupid question…How can I tell the difference between the thick and thin material blade, Is the red cap supposed to be thinner and the blue cap thicker?

, Brad

brad
    Participant

Nevermind. I totally realized how stupid that question was.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest