Help with Orbit Reg Marks and Other Nightmares.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  catdonham 5 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

catdonham
    Participant

Hello,
    hopefully someone can give me a bit of a hand with this: Got a “so-called” new Orbit, spent an unholy amount of time calibrating it. Did the Origin, Resolution and PnC tests. Finally got it done, with near-perfect test cuts.

However, I went to cut a project last night and it went from barely functioning to an expensive paperweight. Loaded up a PnC and it was a full 2 millimeters off to the right. I changed no settings since the calibration. Since then, it has gone rapidly downhill. It will not even read the registration marks 90% of the time, and the three times out of TWENTY PLUS attempts that it did recognize the marks, as soon as I clicked “cut” it shot back to the origin point, stopped, and attempted to move to the right four times. Every single other time the scan failed, so I’m not able to even do a single calibration test at this point.

I’m about to pick it up and chuck it out the window, but it was a nightmare even getting the thing…so, if anyone could help me, I’d really appreciate it.

Thank you for looking!

Sandy

I think you should start a support ticket on this one.  There are a lot of questions that need to be answered and I think it’s best that both Chad and I get involved in the trouble shooting.  The link to start the ticket is here:

Support Ticket Request

catdonham
    Participant

Thank you, but I already had submitted one. #16503.

Sandy

It’s my understanding you’ve received a reply now to your ticket?

catdonham
    Participant

The only reply I’ve gotten was to tell me that this ticket and an earlier one, that I copied and pasted my problem onto in the hopes of someone seeing it, were condensed into one.  That’s it.

Sandy

I will try to reach Chad now, but they’re closed.  I’ll make sure to check on this first thing tomorrow.

catdonham
    Participant

Thank you, very much!

Sandy

You should now have a direct message from Chad?

catdonham
    Participant

I did, but I wasn’t able to read it right away, as I became terribly ill, and was in bed a couple of days; I’ve tried to get back to him since, but he hasn’t answered.

Sandy

Because of the gap in time your ticket would have auto-closed.  If you happened to have started a new one, post that number to me. But I did go ahead and tell KNK to reopen 16503.

So sorry you were so ill. Hope you have a MUCH healthier new year.

catdonham
    Participant

Oh, no. I didn’t open a new one;  had no idea that it may have closed; I’ve just been waiting and emailed a couple times.  Thank you very much for the help and well-wishes. Really bad timing to get sick, honestly.

Thank you, again!

Sandy

You’re welcome!  And please do post back if you do not get a response by Monday night.

catdonham
    Participant

Well, it’s quite late into the evening and, not surprising, I’ve still not heard from anyone.  Thank you for the help, however.

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi Catrina,

I’m terribly sorry that my last message did not seem to make it through to you. I suggested we set up a phone call to get you situated. I will send you a follow-up the moment after I send this response.

Talk soon.

catdonham
    Participant

Okay! Thank you very much, Chad! I sent a response back, please let me know if it doesn’t go through, as there’s apparently something going wrong because I’m not getting some replies. Thank again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest