I do not understand the CD number system

Computerized Cutting Systems and Supplies – KLIC-N-KUT Forums Cutters & Equipment KNK Force I do not understand the CD number system

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

danielmcmillen
    Participant

you zero the Z on the mat or on the top of the material, set the CD at 100. That is 100 what mm”s .o1 inches is it above or below the 0 set Z. What is 1 CD?

If using a felt tip pen a CD of 3 is used it must have quantifiable distance from the o set point.

I have been reading both user manuals the C3 twice and I haven’t been able to get a handle on the meaning of the cut depth number system

On a lighter note can you cut 2mm chipboard with the KNK Force

Sandy

When using an instrument like a marker that has no internal spring, then a CD change of 1 is between 0.0015 mm at the lowest point on the Z axis to 0.011 m at the highest point.  Thus it’s not linear.

When using the blade holder and setting the Z origin on the mat, you would expect the CD/ED to be 0. However, the blade holder has an internal spring offsetting the downward “push”, so you’ll need  a higher CD/ED in order to offset the effect of the blade and achieve the cut.

Yes, you should be able to cut 2 mm chipboard with the blade holder and the blue blade. Remember to use a very low Plunge Speed so as not to damage the tip of the blade and then you’ll need multiple passes.  Set the Starting Depth  based on the Ending Depth divided by the number of passes, so that the blade can work its way though the chipboard in stages.  Also, you’ll need to use a slow speed. This will result in a much cleaner cut and less likelihood of the mat skewing during the cut.

danielmcmillen
    Participant

Thank You for your reply, seeing some numbers helps it’s not linear helps a lot. At the end of a cut and the lose of back pressure, is the blade driven momentarily into the mat before the Force moves it?

danielmcmillen
    Participant

I have not received my Force yet I am reading learning and waiting.

Sandy

No, the blade isn’t driven into the mat unless you have the cutting/ending depth set too high.  The idea is for the setting to be optimized so that the blade only cuts through that material and then is maybe grazing through the adhesive on the cutting mat.  That helps the blade last longer by not cutting into the mat and also yields cleaner cuts.

Good for you reading in advance!  I always encourage that.  🙂

danielmcmillen
    Participant

Thank You very much for your responses and time

Dan

Sandy

You’re welcome. Happy to help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics