I need help please with cutting issues..

Computerized Cutting Systems and Supplies – KLIC-N-KUT Forums Cutters & Equipment KNK Force I need help please with cutting issues..

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Holly
    Participant

I have upgraded from the Zing Air to the Force. I am using SCAL for the first time as well. I was a MTC user before. I have figured most everything out except I can’t get a clean cut. I have tried changing settings several times but I am getting the same result. I walked away for a couple of days and came back today and started over with suggested settings. I am trying to cut Oracal 651. The blade doesn’t cut all the way through and tears the material. I started with a force of 10 and adjusted in increments of 5 all the way up to 80 with it still not cutting through. Tension is set at one.  What am I doing wrong? I know it’s something simple I am missing. Blade offset is 25.

Thank you so much!

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Holly.

Holly
    Participant

So its cut depth seems good. These settings were cd 10, offset 25, cs 25, overcut 1.00,

meh

Sandy

It appears to me that the blade is damaged… or, possibly, there is just a bit of vinyl stuck up inside the blade cap?  Check the cap first. If that’s not it, try another red capped blade. Hopefully, you have some spares since you owned the Zing Air.

Holly
    Participant

The first was a brand new blade. I already tried another blade and that wasn’t it. Just checked the cap and all is clear. :/

Holly
    Participant

The blue was with tension on 6? Any reason why this would be? White was on 1.unnamed (2)

Sandy

I can’t tell from the photo whether the blue cut is good or bad?  It looks much better than the white cut, of course, but I can’t tell if those edges are still jagged or it’s just the lighting in the photo.  Either way, a BT of 6 is never used with vinyl, unless there’s something very faulty with the blade holder. I suggest starting a support ticket on this one and posting a link to this thread.  http://knkusa.com/support-ticket-request/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics