Inkscape File Problem

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Trev
    Participant

I’m using Inkscape to create designs but when I try to open them in C3 the designs appear in the preview and cut far smaller than they should – about quarter-sized, positioned in the top left corner. I’ve followed the instructions in the manual for preparing Inkscape images for C3 – using path>union on text and combining shapes on layers for example but this hasn’t helped.

Can anyone help?

Sandy

What version of Inkscape are you using?  C3 was designed to open and cut SVG files from Inkscape 0.91. However, Inkscape released 0.92 last year and the files from that version do not work yet.

Trev
    Participant

Ah, thanks. I did just update Inkscape a few weeks ago. SVG files do seem very fiddly.

Sandy

Okay… good to know. Also….When I was troubleshooting this issue, I discovered that I needed to take the 0.92 file and save it as PDF from Inkscape. Then reimport it in 0.91 and save as SVG.  Just opening and resaving the SVG file in 0.91 didn’t make it compatible with C3.

noiseguy2
    Participant

Was this issue addressed with a KNK Force update? Having similar issues using Inkscape 0.92. Files either very small, or the origin point is floating around on Y-axis.

Sandy

No, unfortunately, you still need to use the method I posted to export your file as PDF and then open in 0.91 to export as SVG.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest