Knk Maxx air- Rotary attachment

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

suebee
    Participant

Good Afternoon. I have the 24” KNK Maxx air. Actually had it for years… finally have time to use it. Looking to see if there is a way to attach a rotary tool to his machine. I’ve seen links for the force, but not sure that attachement would work on the Maxx.

If there is a pattern that can be 3D printed, I could use that as well.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sandy

The KNK Maxx Air, like most cutters, is a solenoid cutter.  Thus, when you try to mount something as heavy as a rotary tool, the head will simply drop all the way down and you have no control with regards to pressure.  This is the reason the KNK Force was developed. It is a Z axis cutter whereby the head doesn’t drop when the rotary tool is mounted (and you can’t push it down by hand, either). Instead the head is moved downward, at a controlled speed, to a depth you set in the software.  You set both a starting depth and an ending depth and number of passes to use. This allows a rotary tool to gradually cut or engrave through a material in a very controlled manner.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics