KNK Studio Maxx & Windows 10

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vsolosky
    Participant

Gah!  I’ve just updated to windows 10 and am trying to work on my KNK files and it keeps telling me possible error with license file and about the security key.  But the license files are where they belong…is there something I need to do?  Help!!!

Thanks!!!!

Sandy

More than likely, when you upgraded, the Machine ID assigned by KNK Studio changed. That often happens with things like reformatting the hard drive or even executing a restore on Windows.  You will need to reregister KNK Studio.  So, located the 10 digit Activation Code that looks like this:

XXXX   XXXX   XX

Then reinstall KNK Studio using this link:  http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/Software/KNK-Studio-for-Maxx-and-Groove-E/

Be careful!  You can only do this once per year.  So make sure everything seems to be working correctly with your other programs since the the Windows 10 upgrade.

vsolosky
    Participant

You rock!!!  That worked!! Thank you soooo very much!!!  Have a Happy 4th!!

paul.cushing
    Participant

Sandy, I am getting back to using the Maxx and I have a new laptop I got for Xmas and loaded an older version of Studio (the version that came with the cutter) and put in the activation code and everything worked fine. I want to use the above link to upgrade but wanted to make sure it should work and not cause any registration problems.

Paul

Sandy

Paul, I am so sorry to be delayed in finding this post!  You have to be careful about upgrading.   Back up, into My Documents or wherever, four files called Products from your c:\Klic-N-Kut Studio folder.   Then you can download and install the Feb 2010 version linked above. Then copy and paste back those four files.  Then you should be upgraded. If you have problems beyond that, contact KNK USA using their ticket system or calling in and talking to Ron or Chad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics