Loud Grinding Noise and Print Crash

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

pablopradas2
    Participant

I have just finished my first print and was beginning a new print. I did all the necessary steps in setting up a new print- Loaded the material, cleaned off any debris off the bed and cleaned around the printer, and then leveled the bed. When the new print started, it made a loud grinding noise, which sounded pretty terrible. the grinding stopped, moved around some more, and then went back to grinding. It seems to do this in a certain spot when printing. After a few seconds of grinding, it will make the spot where it is grinding the origin and then continue to print from there, going off the bed and crashing into the side of the frame. I have checked my slicer settings and cannot see what could be causing this. I also tried a different model and it was still happening. Any advice or details would be great. I do live near the Apopka office, so I don’t know if I should take it in or not.

Sandy

Start by creating a support ticket and then wait to hear back. Mention that you can bring it in but note that Accugraphics has moved to Mt. Dora and are now just a warehouse facility (i.e. no walk-ins).  But I’m sure they can arrange,by appointment, for you to bring in the printer, versus shipping it.  Here’s the link to start a ticket: https://knkusa.com/support-ticket-request/

Another option is to post this same issue on the KNP3D Facebook group. There are some extremely capable KNP3D owners who frequent that site versus reading posts here.  The link to the group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KNP3D/

pablopradas2
    Participant

Hi Sandy, I have put in 2 tickets and haven’t heard back from anyone yet. It has been more than 48 hours and I am wondering what the average turn around time is.

Sandy

I’ll check on the status of your tickets. What numbers were assigned?

pablopradas2
    Participant

15864 and 15874

Sandy

Okay. I’ll check on the status and post back.

Sandy

You should have a response now.

pablopradas2
    Participant

Support followed up. Thanks. They tried to see if maybe the belts were loose, but I gave them a turn to tighten them some more and retried. Still having the same issue. I let them know it was still happening, but no response back. Is there a way to have it sent in and taken a look at? I don’t mind driving it myself, as I am about 45 minutes from the warehouse in Mt. Dora. What are the hours of operation?

Sandy

You can make an appointment to meet with someone there.  Go ahead and respond to your ticket and then post your ticket number so that I can nudge someone to set up a time with you. I’m not in Florida and I don’t have access to the ticket system but I am on the interoffice messaging system, thus I can reach someone more easily and happy to do so.

pablopradas2
    Participant

Ticket is #15874. Thanks. I will call them and see if I can get something set up.

Sandy

Thanks! I sent in a message.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest