Mac firmware update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    luisrodriguez0305
    Participant

Hi, I want to know if there’s any firmware update file for a KNK Zing Orbit to get installed on a Mac because I’ve tried with the .bin file and I think that’s for Windows only. When I try to open the file it says that the file couldn’t be decompressed because the format isn’t compatible. I would really appreciate your help

Sandy

The firmware update program created by the factory in China is Windows-only. Note there haven’t been any firmware updates released since 2018.  Is there a reason you think your Zing Orbit might need one?

luisrodriguez0305
    Participant

Thanks for your answer! So, in order to update the firmware of the machine, do I need a computer with Windows on it, right?

I think that my Zing Orbit needs a firmware update because sometimes, when I’m using it, it suddenly starts making a straight line, then it finishes the line and continues cutting. That damages the cut that I’m making, so I need to make it again or disconnect the machine. Do you consider that it needs a firmware update or it might be something else?

Sandy

That does not sound like anything related to the firmware. It sounds more like a communication issue. If you’re using USB, try a different USB cable. Sometimes a corrupt cable can cause random cutting issues.  But there can also be mechanical issues with the cutter itself.  I recommend starting a support ticket and then, once you’ve done that, let me know so that I can follow up. Here is the link to use:

Contact

luisrodriguez0305
    Participant

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

I’ll try changing the USB cable first. I’ll let you know if it works. What do you mean by starting a support ticket?

Sandy

Click on the link I provided in my last post above and fill out the on-line form.  Chad will respond within a few days. He’s much better at troubleshooting cutter issues and knows whether or not a cutter needs repair, for example. Note that all KNK USA support tickets are now filed at Plotter Geeks.

I’m just a volunteer here at the forum. I don’t work for KNK USA or for Plotter Geeks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest