MTC Won't open on MacBook

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Timothy
    Participant

My MTC will not open on my MacBook for some reason.  The icon appears on the toolbar at the bottom not page will not load and have to force quit to get it to close.

I use it frequently and the only change since last usage (I think) is an update to the new Apple OS.

Is that causing the problem?  If so, any work around?

Thank you.

Tim

Sandy

Try the top link at this site.

http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/Tutorials/Make-The-Cut/

Even if you’re not on High Sierra, it doesn’t hurt to make this change.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Sandy.

Timothy
    Participant

Sandy –

Thank you.  I found the link.  Now I have an even stupider question…..

I am on a MacBook and when I right click the only three choices I get in the menu are “Options”; “Show All Windows”; “Hide”; and “Quit”.

What am I missing?

Thank you .

Tim

Timothy
    Participant

Sandy.  Never mind.  Im a bonehead.  I figured it out.  You ate the greatest.

Thank you!

Sandy

You’re welcome!  Glad it’s working!  : )

Abby
    Participant

HI Sandy!!

Thanks so much for this!!! It worked and I had a job that I need to do with a deadline!! You are amazing!!!

Abby

Sandy

Glad it worked for you, as well!  And happy to help… it’s my job!

Alecia Fishburn
    Participant

I have been trying to reload MTC to my MAC after updating to High Sierra. I uninstalled it using App Cleaner and reinstalled it. However it never asked for my registration number and I am getting an error that reads:

ERROR: cannot write to info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume. This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? I followed the link that Sandy posted above and still I got the same error.

Thanks for your help!

Alecia

Sandy

I helped someone else with that issue. Let me see if I can find the conversation and get the details of what I did.

Sandy

First thing to check… do you have the Make The Cut app in your Applications folder? If not, then please move it back there and always install from there.  If you want it more readily accessible, then pin it to your dock.    If that doesn’t solve the issue post back and I’ll search for other reasons for this error.

Alecia Fishburn
    Participant

Hi Sandy…Thanks for your advice. I tried installing and opening it from within applications and I still got the same error. Do you by chance have any other suggestions?

Sandy

When someone contacted me about this, I found this link below and simply sent it to them. They replied back that it worked but didn’t provide additional details. So, I recommend reading the various replies at this link to see if it was something else beyond just making sure that the MTC program launch was located in the correct folder.  http://moi3d.com/forum/messages.php?webtag=MOI&msg=8159.1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics