My zing has stopped responding, please help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jumpr
    Participant

I am desperate for some help, please. My zing has stopped responding. It won’t cut or move. It powers on but that is all. I’ve owned it for 13 months.
    I’m a mac user. I was cutting vinyl with wysiwyg. I set my blade & clicked “cut project”. The blade moved across the mat to the start position for the design & froze. The project was not yet fully downloaded to the zing (about 1/3 or less) so I cancelled the download. I shut everything down, restarted my mac.
    Attempted a second cut which was successful. Then on a third cut, same thing happened so again, I cancelled the download & restarted everything.
    After that, the zing no longer responds.
    I have reinstalled MTC & re-registered, drivers, successful bridge port, re-plugged in all cables.
    I even installed a new OS on my mac because when I reinstalled MTC, the bridge port indicated I needed OS 10.9 or higher.
    Everything in MTC appears to be operational. The cut window shows a good COM connection, I can edit & create projects. The zing is just not responding.

Initially, I thought the problem may be in the software, but now I’m thinking it is the machine.

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi Jumpr,

Let’s try reinstalling the cutter driver. Download it from here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP/MacOSX/FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_3.dmg

Then follow through the installation process and let us know if that helps!

Talk soon.

jumpr
    Participant

Hi Chad! Thanks!
    I downloaded the drivers via your link & installed successfully. Still no response from zing.

Heather

jumpr
    Participant

Here is my thread from the MTC forum where I also tried to get some help. Sandy & Liz were very kind & helpful.

http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/42067/mtc-no-longer-will-run-my-zing-air#latest

Thanks!

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi Jumpr,

After reading through the post over at the MTC forum, I think it best we create an RMA for you and get the machine in for a diagnostics. Would you mind giving us a call at 800-268-3672?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest