Mylar 7.5mil, eat blades?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Sandy

What kinds of shapes are you cutting? I’d like to optimize the settings before you test it out.  The current settings in the UM for KNK’s 7 mil Mylar was done early on before Ron developed techniques to get better getting across the width of materials.  In other words, the settings I entered into the table worked fine for cutting two shapes but not a wide row of shapes. Since then Ron has taught me the importance of the wide rectangle for testing and also for using a lower BT and a higher CD/ED for more consistent cutting.

Ashly Mellor
    Participant

Hi Sandy,

Okay I put together 7 images to kind of explain why I am losing my mind. Each image gives you the setting as well as a visual of what happened.

We are just trying to get squares to cut at this point. Any setting strong enough to get a cut through skews with or without the mat guides, they don’t work. So I could get a good picture of how much the mat is skewing I took the guides out, when they are in the mat almost wrinkles.

Like I said I order your KNK 7mil mylar this morning, if we get that in and it doesn’t cut we will need to be discussing a return at that point because I simply don’t have anymore time to invest into this machine. I like your company and want to support you guys, but I obviously can’t do that at a loss.

Hopefully these images will give you some insight. Also in-between cuts we are starting to get the red flashing lights of death. This is what we got on our last machine before it fully died, so I am wondering if that is the road we are already on. However our housing is still moving which it didn’t on the last one, so I have some hope.

KNK-IMage5Knk-Image7Knk-Image6KNK-Image4KNK-Image3KNK-Image2KNK-Image1

As always thank you for your attention to this matter and your continuing information.

Ashly

Sandy

Okay, thanks!  I assume that the lower “SD” in the photos is actully ED?

I also found some opaque stencil material in my “stash” yesterday. I’ll give it a try to see what settings I need to cut it and if I can get multiples cut without any skewing.  I think it’s actually thicker than 7 mil. I’ll measure it with my caliper before testing.   And, I’ll also cut some of the 7 mil from KNK USA.

Ashly Mellor
    Participant

Yes! Sorry about the Typo was trying to get these to you so you could actually see what was happening.

SD is first, ED is second.

My 7mil from KNK is due in on the 2nd.

It just seems so odd that we will get a clean cut on one side then not even close on the other. I cut FULL sheets of stencils so I need a solid clean cut across an entire sheet.

Thank you!

Sandy

I tested KNK USA’s 7 mil Mylar yesterday. The settings I used with no skewing of the mat and very clean cuts were:

Red blade, BT = 1.5 (half way between 1 and 2), 3 passes,  SD 90,  ED 270  CS 25

As I think I’ve mentioned before there can be slight differences in the springs inside the blade holder, so you might need to tweak the SD/ED up a bit if the test cut isn’t clean or down a bit if there are deep cut lines in your mat.  The lines I got were very faint. I cut a 10″ wide x 0.2″ high rectangle that cut clean all the way across. I then cut several asterisks that were 2″ x 2″ and they cut clean with no misaligned passes.

Let me  know how your testing goes!

Ashly Mellor
    Participant

Hello Sandy,

Well, we received the KNK mylar yesterday and begun cutting. With your settings we got almost clean cuts so we upped the BT to 2 and we golden on small items. So we attempted a large sheet, the entire reason we bought this machine, and it was a complete disaster.

At this point we are done. This machine does not perform to what it says it does and we want a full refund on the machine as well as the KNK Rotary Tool. I have dumped an additional $400+ in supply’s, blades, mats etc into it not including my time and I have zero to show for it.

The fact that it cannot cut a full sheet of KNK’s mylar even somewhat near close to what it is supposed to tells me this machine has very large flaws.

I am including the image of our cut, well one of many cuts last night where only a portion of the “S” cuts out before nothing cuts.

Please let me know how we can go about processing this refund since I have been in contact with you this entire time and the fact that this machine has not been functional for any of the time we have owned it.

IMG_3262

Again I thank you for all your help back and forth and I really wish there would have been a different out come.

Thank you,

Ashly

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi Ashley,

Please call us at 800-268-3672 so we can get this resolved.

Take care and talk soon.

Ashly Mellor
    Participant

Hello Chad,

We are now being ignored by KNK and are becoming very frustrated. We spoke to Ron about 3 weeks ago and tried some adjustments to have one last ditch attempt at getting this machine to work. Long story short, it still isn’t cutting. We have now called KNK 4 times and have left 4 messages DURING business hours over the last week and no one has returned our calls.

We need to get this machine returned ASAP. We have done everything and even gave it one last shot and now can’t even get a call back.

Can we catch a break please?

Thank you.

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi Ashley,

I’m terribly sorry to hear this. Can you please email me at chad (at) accugraphics (dot) co and provide me with your phone number, we will get you taken care of ASAP!

Talk soon.

Ashly Mellor
    Participant

Hi Chad,

Yet again we seem to not being getting responses via the methods you are requesting us to use so I will place the email I sent you 6 days ago here.

Hello Chad,

We received a call from Ron however, we are past the point of trying to get this machine to work. We have tried since May to get this machine to work. Our first machine was DOA per Ron and we were sent our 2 machine. I have now spend over $600 on software, materials, blades, and mats to try to get this machine to function not including my husband and my time. We have gone through the manual, we have worked with Sandy and Ron, we have followed all the directions and advice and we cannot get more than 2 cuts on the same settings across a full sheet of 12″ by 24″ 7.5mil mylar fully cut through.

No machine should require and additional investment of it’s cost to attempt to get it to work with nothing to show for it. That money and time is now lost and all I have nothing to show for it except a very heavy paper weight. You have records of my conversations over the months with Sandy on your forums, you can speak with Ron about our conversations. We either have, yet again, a machine that is malfunctioning or simply doesn’t have the power behind it that it should. No matter what the cause it is not a functioning product and hasn’t been since day one and we are requesting a refund. Our patience, time and pocket book is no longer willing.

With how much time we have put into trying to make this work I would not expect any more of our time to be taken by being run around.

I thank you, ahead of time, for your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you,

Ashly

Sandy

Ashly, Chad called this morning (Sept 6) and left a message.  When you call back, if you don’t reach him, maybe provide several time slots when you know you’ll be there to receive a call back.   Then post back here to let me know that you’ve done that so I can then make sure he gets that message.  Thanks!

Ashly Mellor
    Participant

Thank you Sandy!

We were able to connect and return is being processed. I thank you for your help through this entire process.

Thank you,

Ashly

Sandy

You’re very welcome.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics