Need advice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sergey
    Participant

Good afternoon!
    My name is Sergey – I’m from Russia!
    I need your advice!
    We are engaged in the production of envelopes.
    We now use plotters – Graphtec 6000
    But I plan to buy KNK Force
    And I wanted to ask:
    – These machines are able to work a lot
    – As far as they are reliable
    – We cut about 100 envelopes per day – plotter cope with the volume of work?
    – What we buy? Another Graphtec – or KNK Force

Many thanks for your help!

Darrel Farris
    Keymaster

Hi Sergey!

We have customers using the Force in a production capacity and it could certainly handle cutting 100 envelopes in a day.

KNK machines have a solid history of reliability. Some of our customers are still using our first machines.  The Force is a little different as it runs on a Raspberry Pi, but many of the components are user-serviceable.

Are you also familiar with our Maxx Air cutter?  It’s a professional cutter with solid metal work tables and also has an optional stand.

The Maxx Air is more akin to a traditional cutting plotter, whereas the Force can work with thicker materials, has even greater cutting pressure which can help with engraving or cutting difficult or non-standard materials, but has a narrower 15″ cutting path from the 24.

I think the Force is a great value for what it can do compared to other cutters.  I personally never work with materials larger than 15″ wide, so it’s the perfect width for me.

There are some videos and documentation on my personal web site that may help inform your decision:  https://cutterpunk.com/knk-support/knk-force/

sergey
    Participant

Good afternoon!
    Thank you very much for your answer!
    I looked MAXX plotter but I have enough width 15
    I have a question – Plotter Force is equipped with stepper motors or servo?
    Plotter Force metal?
    Where design is more reliable in MAXX or strength?
    What is the Raspberry Pi?
    Thank you for active posts!

Darrel Farris
    Keymaster

The Force uses micro-stepper motors. One of the the Force innovations is z-axis control, which is very helpful when using the rotary tool to control cut depth.

Most of the Force is metal construction, but the covers for the left and right side and the storage compartment are not.

Both designs are reliable.  The Maxx Air being both larger and having the metal tables on either side is heavier.

The Raspberry Pi is a computer inside of the Force that runs the software C3, as well as the operating system and web server to run C3.  The Force is a network device, so it’s similar to connecting any other computer to your network.  It does not connect via Bluetooth or USB, only wireless or ethernet connections.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest