Not cutting all way through

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bluelilydesign
    Participant

I just got my Zing Orbit Thursday and am still trying to figure out how to get the blade positioned right. I think I have it but it’s having a hard time cutting through the KNK 7 mil mylar. I have done the 15 post it notes underneath the blade, I’m using the red blade,  it’s set at 15 speed and 65 pressure with a cut pass of 4. The mat moves slides slightly to the left and some of the pass cuts are above the regular cut. I am very frustrated as I’ve been sitting here for the past two days for way to many hours trying to figure this out. Can you help? Thank you.

Sandy

It sounds like the blade got chipped.  Is this the red blade?  If so, switch to the blue but only use 10 post it notes as the blue blade is extremely fragile.  Start back at a conservative settings: Pressure of, say, 50 since it’s the blue one. Make sure just the tip of the blade is exposed. You can always rotate in 10 degree increments to expose more, as needed.  Go back to a small test cut, like a ring, so that you can lift up the cut shape to see if it’s left a mark in the mat. If so, back off on the blade exposure but leave the pressure the same.

bluelilydesign
    Participant

Thank you for getting back to me. The tip looks fine, how can it be chipped after just one day of trying to get it to work. Is the blue one the deeper blade? If so, that one gets stuck in the blade holder to where it won’t move at all. When I take the top off the spring and blade are stuck inside. It won’t adjust so I am not able to use it. The red blade I have it to where it’s barely out and it won’t cut, I turn it ever so slightly and it’s dragging across the mylar. I’m to annoyed to keep working with it. I’ve been at this for about five hours and have used up most of my Mylar and just can’t figure the blades out. Thank you again, sorry if I sound ugly, it’s not you, I’m just sad and frustrated I am not able to figure this machine out.

Sandy

A blade can get chipped if, while trying to get better cuts for example, you increased the exposure and the pressure high enough that it hit the material too hard. You probably should submit a support ticket to KNK USA so that they can troubleshoot both issues for you. For sure, the blue blade should be swiveling freely and it sounds like it’s not?  Perhaps the blade holder is faulty.

cassandracushman
    Participant

Thank you Sandy. I appreciate your help. It may be awhile before they can get to my ticket as the hurricane is in their area. I sure hope they are all ok.

Sandy

Yes… same here!  I will be relieved once I hear from them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics