Orbit attachment for cylinders

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

dwburger
    Participant

I’d like to know when the Zing Orbit attachment will be available.

Sandy

I contacted KNK about this and received this response:

We are currently in the process of testing what we hope to be the final version of the software in order to drive the Orbitizer. The hardware is in stock now, so once we’re happy with the software, and an update to SCAL has been published, we will begin shipping.

dwburger
    Participant

Thanks!

dwburger
    Participant

Just wondering when the Orbit accessory (Orbitizer) for drawing on spheres/cylinders is going to be available???

Sandy

We received a software update from SCAL about a week ago. Unfortunately, there were still some bugs that needed addressing.

dwburger
    Participant

Any estimate when things are going to get worked out?  Can I order the device now so it’s in my possession when the software is released?

Sandy

The owner of SCAL never makes any kinds of promises or even estimates.  We just patiently wait for each new software update for testing.

It’s not a good idea to release it yet because someone might decide to experiment with what’s currently programmed in SCAL. That, along with the fact I’ve not received one yet to write up ANY instructions or warnings, it could lead to something bad happening.  Hope that makes sense!

dwburger
    Participant

Yes, I understand.  It’s just that I purchased the Zing Orbit last December for its “orbit” capabilities.  I don’t know of any other machine that can write on cylinders/spheres and I have projects ready to go once it’s out.  I hope it’s sooner than later!

eelssu2001
    Participant

I see that SCAL just came out with version 5.  Does this mean the Orbit attachment will be available for order shortly?

Sandy

Actually, the release of SCAL5 indicates why we’ve had to wait so long for the programming to be completed for the Orbitizer.  The developer of SCAL has been a bit busy finalizing (working out all of the bugs) in the new version.

dwburger
    Participant

I appreciate your reply and don’t mean to be rude, but I don’t think you answered the question.  Evidently, I’m not the only one patiently waiting for the Orbitizer…it’s going to be an awesome attachment for the Zing.  Will SCAL5 drive the Orbitizer?  Maybe you can give a few more details about what to expect on our end???  I’ve also contacted the SCAL folks to see what they say about this.

Sandy

You’re not being rude at all! Obviously, it’s been a LONG time waiting for the release of the Orbitizer and yes, SCAL will be the software that operates it. If you go to the Zing Orbit Cut Settings window in either SCAL4 or SCAL5, you’ll see a setting in the middle called Mode. That’s where you will switch to either Orbit (spheres) or Cylinder. I’ve been told that the Cylinder function is working but there are still bugs in the Orbit function.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics