print and cut problems with c3

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

reallygroovy
    Participant

hi, i had calibrated my force long ago and was very meticulous in getting it to do reasonable print and cuts.  i haven’t been doing much lately, but i did a print and cut yesterday using a textured image from mtc and using c3.  i had another textured pnc to do today but i decided i would update my sure cuts a lot 4 to the latest version and also ensured my c3 was the latest version.  ughhh i struggled for hours only to find that there was a bug in the c3 software and i needed to change the x and y coordinates for the electronic eye.  after rereading the sections in the force manual and sure cuts a lot manual, it was indicated that  a manual pnc should be done before attempting the auto pnc.  but of course that will not work because of the bug in c3.  my test arrow is not quite perfect, but i cannot adjust because of the bug.  how can i get my c3 without the last update and my sure cuts a lot back to the previous version.  i guess when i updated my sure cuts alot to the latest version, it did something to my c3. thank you advance!!!

Sandy

Let me try explaining this based on each possible scenario:

If you use C3 for PNC, then you need to enter your calibration numbers into C3… for either automatic or manual PNC.

If you use SCAL for manual PNC, then you need to enter your calibration numbers into SCAL and it does not matter what’s in C3.

If you use SCAL for automatic PNC, then you need to enter your calibration numbers into SCAL (same ones as for manual) AND you need to enter the default numbers shown in the user manual into C3.   This is because automatic PNC uses those default numbers in combination with your numbers.

reallygroovy
    Participant

thanks for the response sandy. i dont use surecuts alot for pnc. but after i updated my sure cuts alot software, i went to c3 to cut and it didnt recognize my reg marks. it was way off.  it wasnt until i put the xy coordinates from the manual that i could actually see the marks through manual pnc and with auto pnc it found my marks. i will try again and not have sure cuts alot open while i am running c3. hope this works or i really need to get my previous versions of both softwares back. thanks sandy.

Sandy

Please always check that the Units for your calibration match what the software is set to use. If, for example, you had C3 originally set to inches, and then you enter those into SCAL without making sure the units in the calibration window are changed to inches, then it will NEVER work… and vice versa. I urge you to post screenshots and supply more information because I know from my own personal testing AND personal use of Force for PNC projects that everything is working great. It’s just a lot of details to check. That’s why I’m here to help as needed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest