Print & Cut misaligned by half an inch

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

matte
    Participant

I tried doing a Print & Cut with my new Zing Air and Make the Cut last night, and repeatedly found that my cuts were off by about half an inch. There were a few other forum posts where people had better results after calibrating their lasers, where can I find instructions for doing that?

Also, the people in the forums seemed to be adjusting their laser calibration by millimeters at a time. Is it unusual for it to be misaligned by half an inch? Could it be that there’s some other issue at play here?

Thanks!

Sandy

The instructions for calibrating are in Chapter 9 of the Zing/Zing Air with MTC UM:

http://www.iloveknk.com/0um/KNKZing/KNKZingwithMTCUserManual.pdf

I recommend following the instructions using an arrow as the shape (versus a project you’ve created) for several reasons:

(1) An arrow has both vertical and horizontal lines… allowing you to better determine the adjustments needec for both X and Y.   Ignore the diagonal lines until you get both horizontal and vertical near perfect.

(2) While a rectangle has the same, you want to make sure you’re putting the printout onto the cutting mat the correct way.

(3) You will be able to more easily use the diagram I created showing whether to adjust X and Y up or down based on where cut lines are located in relation to the printed lines.

Following the calibration are some sections about various scenarios in which you COULD run into issues with alignment. The most common situation is when you turn on/off layers after printing and before cutting. Because MTC always locates the reg marks relative to the largest shape in the project, if you happen to turn off the largest shape after printing, the reg marks will move but you won’t realize it unless you’re watching them on the monitor. That will then mess up the cut.  You’ll see links to videos I’ve made that cover these situations and how to handle them.

Post back if you need more help after using these instructions.  We’ll get it figured out.  🙂

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Sandy.

matte
    Participant

That was it! It’s working beautifully! Thanks Sandy!

Sandy

Great news!  And you’re welcome!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest