Problem Cutting Laminated document

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ajcwebtech
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I’m hoping someone can help with this problem. I have a brand new MAXX AIR and so far I am very impressed except for one thing. I have documents which I have laminated using 10mil laminate sheets and when I try to cut them with the cutter it only cuts 90% to 95% through the material. My settings are : Speed 50, force 250, 3 cuts, Blade is extruding enough that I can cut through the material by hand.

I also purchased a Brother ScanNcut which is a toy compared to the MAXX AIR and surprisingly it is able to cut through the Laminated document.

I am a bit disappointed that the MAXX AIR is having trouble cutting this material but I am open to the idea that it could be my lack of experience with the cutter so I am throwing it out to the community . . . HELP!

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

I’ve personally cut through this before without issues, so I know it’s doable. How much blade do you have exposed? Having enough to cut through your material is obviously necessary. However, you want to make sure you don’t have too much sticking out. As a rule, you only want enough exposure to cut through the material and virtually “kiss” the cutting mat. You could also try raising the blade holder out of the jaw a little bit can help, too.

Only other possibility might be that the blade is chipped. If all else fails, try swapping the blade out for a new one, and give it another shot.

Let me know if that helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest