random diagonal cut off of cutting area

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nunezejanell
    Participant

In my last four attempts to cut 2 different projects, just a few minutes into cutting my KNK Zing cuts a random diagonal line from where it last was cutting and goes off of cutting area. the first time I had left the room and my computer (Mac) had been crashed and shut down and I saw the evidence on the cutting mat. I tried adjusting setting from the cut settings in the dialog menu that pops up when prepping to cut, but still same problem. first happened when set up font in MTC and also when imported SVG using the same design layout using the same type of font. The second project is a different type of font and imported in as SVG – oh my gosh this is frustrating and I’m trying not to cry!!! My machine is relatively new. I have only used it a few times. 🙁

Sandy

Which Zing model is this?  If it’s the Zing Air, are you connected via the USB cable?  Do you have another USB cable you can test?  It’s a generic kind of cable so maybe you have one for your printer?  And finally, are you cutting from MTC or SCAL?

nunezejanell
    Participant

It’s just a Zing and cutting in MTC. I do have another printer cable. I’ll try again with that one. – Hope it works!

Sandy

If you still have those random cuts, please start a support ticket with KNK USA using the following link and mention that you have already tried a different USB cable:

Support ticket request

Darrell Olivier
    Participant

I’m having this same problem. I’m using your standard usb cable in SCAL4. Did anyone find out the reason or solution?

Sandy

I don’t have access to the KNK USA ticket system, thus I don’t know if the replacement USB fixed the issue or it was something else.  I would recommend the same thing to you… see if a different cable resolves the problem and, if not, then submit a support ticket.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics