Repositionable glue adhesive – which is best?

Computerized Cutting Systems and Supplies – KLIC-N-KUT Forums Lounge Off Topic Repositionable glue adhesive – which is best?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  malin.liljeblad 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

malin.liljeblad
    Participant

Hi,

I’m posting here because I can’t post under any other subject for some reason. There just isn’t any fields for writing a post under the other categories. I use chrome but same in safari as well.

Either way, my question is about repositionable spray adhesives for the cutting mats I use. I currently use 3m Remount but it’s so pricy and doesnt provide great tackiness. So I’m wondering if anyone else have any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Sandy

There are many options and sometimes the best choices depend on the material or materials you’re cutting. The least expensive option is Aleene’s Tack It Over and Over, which is sold typically at Michael’s and other hobby stores where you can apply a weekly 40% off coupon.  It’s a glue versus a spray and it requires very little in order to achieve a sticky surface. There are two ways to apply: dilute it 50/50 or even more with water and apply in a thin layer with a brush.  Or apply without diluting and use an old credit card or plastic scraper to get as little as possible onto the mat.  A bottle of this glue will last you a VERY long time.  And you can wash and dry the mat without needing to add more glue for a long time, as well.  Here’s a video to watch:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJjhBLV_ql0&t=4s

Sandy

Also, be sure to check out the section in Chapter 1 of the KNK User Manual that covers how to clean your mat. It also has a list of other adhesives.

malin.liljeblad
    Participant

Thanks! I’m gonna try the Aleene glue! But probably will dilute it a fair bit since I often use quite thin paper.

Appreciate your help,

Lin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics