Text inside a shape

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    silverbirch21
    Participant

In MTC it is possible to insert a word inside a 4 sided empty shape where the characters will be auto warped to fit exactly inside the box. Does this facility exist in SCAL.

Many thanks

Sandy

BEFORE reading this post,  note my two newer posts below!

Neither program has a function for this. In fact the only cutter software program that has it, as far as I’m aware, is SignCut Pro2.

That being said, because this came up so often in the past, there’s a way to mostly make it happen in MTC, if you have some patience.  Watch this video I made:

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Sandy.
    Sandy

Wait!  I just reread your post and you said “4-sided box”…  There is a feature in MTC for 4 sided shapes. Let me find it for you.

Sandy

Found it… it’s called the Auto 4 Point Warp and is covered in Section 8.09 in this user manual:

Click to access KNKZingwithMTCUserManual.pdf

silverbirch21
    Participant

sure, there is one inside MTC I have used it and is works very well, unfortunately there is no similar function inside SCAL. and as I cannot seem to get MTC working on my Mac catalina OS I am forced  to bodge around with SCAL to produce a similar result.

Thanks for reply

Ray

Sandy

The closest equivalent to MTC’s 4 Point Warp in SCAL would be the Distort Tool.

silverbirch21
    Participant

Thanks Sandy you certainly are helpful. I haven’t been able to find anything that meets the “Auto 4 point wrap” tool in MTC, amazing.

Sandy

Sometimes Andy (owner of MTC) came up with some really cool stuff for MTC and for PCS.  It’s a shame he gave up on his software.

silverbirch21
    Participant

I second that, if only it worked on a mac

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest