Tricks on get folds/creases on hard & heavy paper stock

Computerized Cutting Systems and Supplies – KLIC-N-KUT Forums General Announcements Tricks on get folds/creases on hard & heavy paper stock

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  malin.liljeblad 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

malin.liljeblad
    Participant

I’m trying to make flat-packed boxes with 300gsm card stock, but the embossing tool just isn’t doing the trick when it comes to creating the folds/creases – the boxes are still tricky too fold since the crease isn’t deep enough.

I’ve tried scoring the paper (practically ruined the paper once folded), cutting some of it in a “hatched” pattern (not sure how to explain this!!) and that is the best option so far (easy to fold) but I just don’t like the look of it once folded (I prefer a smooth, even fold).

I’ve also tried a really small embossing tools (0.5 mm tip) but it didn’t work either, and the engraving tool to score it (paper didn’t like this at all) and even a rounded needle, with the same result.

I use the heaviest pressure and repeat the pattern 5 times.

It works fine on some cards (fluffy cards, such as recycled, and thin cards) but the fancy cards are really compact and these are the ones I’m struggling with (but they look sooo good! :/)

Does anyone have any tricks that I’ve missed?

Thanks!

malin.liljeblad
    Participant

In an ideal world there would be a cutting mat that is soft enough to use as an embossing mat as well AND is self healing.  In an ideal world 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics