Trouble connecting (staying connected) to Force

Computerized Cutting Systems and Supplies – KLIC-N-KUT Forums Cutters & Equipment KNK Force Trouble connecting (staying connected) to Force

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Russell
    Participant

Hello all,

I have a Force I’ve had for about a year.  A year ago, I could never seem to get it to connect to SCAL.  So I was exporting SVG files and going through the web interface.  I never did get too far into using it.

Life caught up with me and a year later I’m trying to figure this puppy out again.  I can’t seem to maintain a connection with it.  If I connect to via the web interface and cut once or twice, it’ll eventually lose connectivity.  My wireless router says we’re still connected and I can ping.

SCAL seems to NEVER connect well, even though it does grab the correct IP address when I launch the software and Preview a cut… testing connection or changing blades.  Have never been able to cut from SCAL.  Running the latest firmware and SCAL 4

Any thoughts here?  I’m not computer illiterate, and am reasonably tech savvy.  But too many hours have been spend here and I’ll move on to a true vinyl cutter if I can’t seem to get decent connectivity.

Thanks in advance for any advice.  Hopefully it a face-palm solution.

Sandy

Let’s start with verifying the verson of SCAL4 you’re using. You cannot trust the update option in SCAL4. You need to actually verify which version number you have installed. The latest to download on Craft Edge’s web site is 4.069, even though it says 4.068.  I doubt this is the solution you need but on the other hand, some of our customers will be running very outdated versions of SCAL4 because they were trusting the Check for Updates option under Help.

Regarding connectivity, you say that SCAL does grab the correct IP address? Are you saying that you’re not typing in the IP address yourself in the Cut Settings windows?

Russell
    Participant

Thank you Sandy,

Currently running 4.061; I’ll see if I can update.  But as you said, that’s likely not the problem.  C3 (or is it 3C… can’t remember) via the web-browser hand pretty regularly too.  If I leave it idle for more than about 5-10 minutes, I’ll lose it.  I almost think the wifi adapter runs solo since my router can always ping it, yet the C3 web pages lose connectivity.

Correct, I have not been typing in the address since it seemed to grab it correctly.  Or perhaps it remembers from 1 year ago and the address is the same still.

Russ

Sandy

The only reason I ask about whether or not you’re entering the IP Address is that I have to do that most of the time. Now, it could be because I’m constantly switching from one KNK to another in SCAL because I’m providing tech support and testing. I guess my actual question is this, “Every time you open the Cut Settings window, is the correct IP Address still displayed?”  I usually see a blank window instead of the IP address I entered the last time I used my Force.

Russell
    Participant

Correct address is displayed.  Web-browser will work for one or two cuts, than after a bit it loses connection.  Cuts-a-lot NEVER connects or verifies connection.

Paul
    Participant

Is C3 updated to the Latest Version ?

How is you Computer Connected to your router Wireless or Ethernet Cable ?

Your Force is Connecting to your router via Wireless Lan correct ?
    You don’t also have the force connected via Ethernet cable to the router ?

What Brand and Model Number is your router ?

Russell
    Participant

I believe I have C3 updated to latest, but I’ll check/confirm that.  Everything is connected wirelessly and not additional wired connections.  I use Meraki, a Cisco commercial product for my wifi connectivity.  MR18.

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_datasheet_MR18.pdf

Paul
    Participant

I wondering if this is the reason for your disconnection issue
    I read about the functionality but this is the first I found i mentioned in router documentation

802.11v
    The BSS Max Idle period is the maximum time frame a client can be idle (no frames received by the AP) before the AP disassociates the client. This ensures that the client device does not send keep-alive messages frequently, which drains battery power. The idle period timer value is transmitted using the association and re-association response frame from the AP to the client. The idle time value indicates the maximum time a client can remain idle without transmitting any frame to an AP. As a result, the clients remain in sleep mode for a longer duration without transmitting the keep-alive messages, thereby saving battery power.

The BSS max idle period is enabled by default on all Meraki APs.

Russell
    Participant

Well that’s pretty interesting Paul.  I don’t generally have issues with any of my i-devices, or Rokus… but you never know.  I’ll definitely take a look at my config and see if that can be set per device, or globally.  However, even when the web interface is dead and not responding, my Meraki can ping the printer.  I suppose it’s possible that the wifi dongle is simply reacting to requests and it’s not actually the software.

The still existing problem however, is that I can’t seem to get SCAL to connect at all.

Paul
    Participant

The still existing problem however, is that I can’t seem to get SCAL to connect at all.

So your able to access C3 form using the IP?
    But SCAL doesn’t connect using that same IP?

Is the IP your using the IP address for the wireless connection as displayed in C3 status screen ?

Do you have a static IP address set for the wireless connection ?  have you tried switching dhcp back on and seeing if scal will connect then?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest