unable to communicate with the force

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    reallygroovy
    Participant

ok. well, i’m going nuts! i keep getting ‘unable to communicate with the force’. used laptop, desktop, phone, but same problem.  my internet is fine.  i think it was last night or the night before, can’t remember, when i changed my blade holder and after i hit ok, it drug my blade against the mat and broke the blade! not a happy camper!

Sandy

What Internet browsing program are you using? We do not recommend using IE or Edge at this time.

reallygroovy
    Participant

using safari on my iphone and mac. using chrome on my windows laptop. i’ve never had this problem before. thought it might be because of the latest update. just started. i havent been on the force today, but, i will check it out later.  thanks sandy.

reallygroovy
    Participant

i have tried: rebooting computer, rebooting force, unseating and reseating wireless card, connecting as standalone, connecting as wireless. the current light on the machine is a soft blue (or soft white). now i am getting an error message:

NoMethodError at /
    undefined method `to_pattern’ for nil:NilClass
    file: mark_counter.rb location: marks line: 18

also tried setting the DHCP to off and input typed in my ip address. still no success.

Sandy

You’re welcome.  Let us know if they communication issues continue.

Also, regarding the blade holder dropping down… this will happen during a PNC after the 3rd reg mark is set, IF the reg mark layer is not below the cut layer in C3. That’s why I added that statement in the tutorial.  I don’t think that’s when it happened to you, based on your first post. But I did want to put it out there as a possibility.  And, of course, always make sure you use the Replace Left Tool (or Right) procedure so that the blade holder is inserted at the correct Surface Height setting.

Sandy

You’re welcome.  Let us know if they communication issues continue.

Also, regarding the blade holder dropping down… this will happen during a PNC after the 3rd reg mark is set, IF the reg mark layer is not below the cut layer in C3. That’s why I added that statement in the tutorial.  I don’t think that’s when it happened to you, based on your first post. But I did want to put it out there as a possibility.  And, of course, always make sure you use the Replace Left Tool (or Right) procedure so that the blade holder is inserted at the correct Surface Height setting.

reallygroovy
    Participant

thanks sandy.  as of now, i cannot connect to the force at all. the force still has the bluish tint. cannot connect to its assigned ip address or connect to 10.0.0.1.  regarding replacing the blade tool – i followed the instructions to remove blade holder and then replace the blade holder as is prompted in C3.  the blade drug across the mat and the tip broke – i thought it was because there was some programming going on surrounding the  5.22 update and something misfunctioned.  i was going crazy trying to figure out why my blade offsets were not being saved and then i believe i updated and then had the blade problem.  just the one time though.

reallygroovy
    Participant

although, i had the bluish tint forever and was unable to secure a connection, after rebooting everything again, i am only getting the green light.  trying to connect via knk recovery and trying to insert my password creates an error – unable to find ip address (not sure if it says find or obtain, it does not accept my password).  this is so frustrating.

reallygroovy
    Participant

well, i finally got it to maintain the steady bluish light but still cannot connect to c3. hope i can get this resolved today. thanks

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Please give us a call at 800-268-3672 and we’ll get this taken care of today 🙂 Please ask for me (Chad) or Ron.

Take care and talk soon.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest