Wifi – WPA2 password

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hervé
    Participant

Hello,

Impossible to get WiFi connexion after having set the password (10
    characters) in the Settings/Network C3 page.
    It works without any password.
    What’s wrong ?

Regards.

Sandy

Reconnect your Force using Ethernet and open up C3. Try again and make absolutely sure that you have selected the correct network (must be 2.4g and not 5g) and correctly entered your password for that network.  Click on Apply Changes and then check on the Status page under Wireless. If you see an IP Address assigned, test it before disconnecting the Ethernet cable.  If it still doesn’t show an IP Address, try resetting your router while keeping the Ethernet cable connected and then try again.

Note that several factors have been reported as causing issues with Wi-Fi setup including: Firewall/virus protection programs and other direct wireless devices, such as new printers. Try turning these things off before attempting to connect.

Hervé
    Participant

…I already made it work in the past, but at present there is no.

It wotks without password, I can connect with my Mac to my Force, no problems of network,… but if I set a password (10 characters), it doesn’t work any longer !? I don’t see from my part.

Regards

Sandy

Maybe I’m not understanding. The only password you would be entering is the one for your home/office network. That’s needed so that your router will add the Force as a device to the network.  So, if you have it working from your Mac, then you don’t need to set it up again on any other devices (other computers or tablet or smart phone) because it’s already a part of your network. You just enter the IP Address into a browser on whatever other device you want to use.

Hervé
    Participant

…My Force is set as standalone, and I just want to attach my Mac to the wifi access point of my Force.

It has been working until now. At present, without password the attachment is possible, but becomes impossible otherwise, as if the password were wrong.

Regards

Sandy

I misunderstood that you were attempting to connect in Stand-alone mode. Can you list out, in detail, each step you’re using to try to make it work?  I’ll have some others look over the list and then post back suggestions for what to try.

Hervé
    Participant

Hello Sandy,

• I activate the wifi of my Mac and choose the name of the wifi channel of my force: knk_force:
      • => Wi-Fi connected to knk_force with  IP 10.0.0.180.
    • I open on safari the page http://10.0.0 and go to the page http://10.0.0.1/statusstatus
    • I go to the page http://10.0.0.1/settingssettings
    • Wireless networking mode is set as standalone. If I set the Wireless network password, I can’t manage to connect again with my Mac, and I must follow the recovery procedure to get back the hand on my Force.

Regards.

Hervé

Sandy

Oh… I see now. I don’t believe that feature was ever activated.  It was never mentioned to me as something I needed to cover in the user manual.   I will post at the Force FB group to see if anyone has ever tested it out.

Are you concerned that someone else will be trying to communicate with your Force while you’re using it in stand-alone mode?  They would need to be in close proximity to your Force, be disconnected from their network, and know to type in that particular IP address.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest