Will not print at the bottom right hand corner

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Don
    Participant

My Zing worked fine for 6 months and I put it away for a year. Now when I go to print/cut, the blade goes all the way to the top left and the mat just rolls out. I thought it didn’t matter where the object is on MTC, I thought the blade would travel to the bottom right hand corner of the object’s square.

I should add that my computer crashed between these two times. I unistalled MTC and the ZingInstall files and reinstalled them to see if that worked – it didn’t. I tried an import file and creating a shape into MTC with both objects printing the same. My only other recoarse is to use another computer – which I don’t have.

Any ideas?

Sandy

Most likely the size of the file you’re cutting is wider than the cutting range on the Zing.  Even in Knife Point mode, if it’s a wide file and you’re setting the origin too far to the left, when the head goes to whatever point on the shape where it wants to cut, it could be out of range.

Another possibility is that you have a “quirky” tiny random shape that you’re not seeing.  Do a Ctrl+A and see if the bounding box is much larger than around the shapes you’re trying to cut.

If you still have an issue, I want you to start a new file and put a single small shape on the virtual mat and see if that will cut without the issue you’re describing.

Don
    Participant

I did open a new file and put a simple shape from the drop down menu on MTC. Same result. I also did the Ctrl+A and there is just the box, 2×3 inches. I moved the image around the mat, and that did move the knife point some. I also bought the sure cuts a lot program and have the same issue.

BTW, I wanted a LOT of videos to try and troubleshoot this problem – thank you for all the work you put into them. They are very helpful – but not with this one.

Sandy

For clarification, the mat spits out every time you try to cut? From both MTC and SCAL?

And you’re welcome regarding the videos!  I have no clue what the issue might be in this case.

Sandy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics