Computerized Cutting Systems and Supplies – KLIC-N-KUT › Forums › Cutters & Equipment › KNK Zing / Air / Orbit › Won't calibrate
May 2, 2018 at 4:37 pm #32239
I received my zing on monday, and since then I have been trying to callibrate it. I was able to get it to draw with the test pen and paper, but when I try to callibrate the laser, I can’t get it to even read the first reg mark. I have updated the firmware, I’m using the latest version of SCAL, I’ve tried placing pieces of paper around the reg marks (thinking they were too close to the edge) but everytime I align the pin with the reg mark, it ‘fails’. Earlier it scanned the first reg mark (bottom right) one then stopped in that position. What am I doing wrong?
TIA.May 2, 2018 at 6:14 pm #32242
The most common error is new owners not quite following the instructions, as written. So, let me explain in more detail:
(1) Perform the steps in Section 11.03.4 again. Use the little pin that came with your ZO and be as precise as possible.
(2) Now that you’ve done that, you do not want to click on the Calibrate Laser button again. Instead, you should be in the window where you see that button available. Look at the screenshot in Step (1) of Section 11.03.5. This is not the same window as in Section 11.03.4 Step (9).
(3) Click on Next in this window. Change out the pin for the blade and now set the center of the blade holder approx over the corner of the reg mark.
(4) Then click on Next and it should, at the very least, make it to the next reg mark, if not all of them.
(5) Follow the remaining directions in Section 11.03.5 and, again, remember that the only time you should ever click on Calibrate Laser is when you need to adjust the values. If you forget and allow a scan to happen there, it will only read the first mark AND will mess up your near-perfect calibration you did in the prior section when you used the pin.
If you continue having problems, bend over and watch the light to see where it’s trying to read relative to the printed line and report back. We’ll get things figured out.May 2, 2018 at 8:47 pm #32247
I will try this when I get home and report back. I thought I was following the directions to the “T” but I will try again! Thank you!May 5, 2018 at 12:22 am #32336
Hi there. I finally got the machine to read the reg mark with the pin insterted, but after I switch it out for the blade, it’s not aligning. I position the blade as close as I can over it (as instructed). The laser is completely missing the reg mark now and just turns red after it can’t scan.May 5, 2018 at 11:09 am #32356
As you’re facing the cutter, where is the light scanning? Too far up/down and/or too far right/left?May 5, 2018 at 1:58 pm #32359
It’s a bit of both, it will barely scan the up/down one, and completely missed the left/right one.May 6, 2018 at 12:56 am #32364
When you say you’re using the latest version of SCAL, would you mind actually going to Help>About Sure Cuts A Lot and telling me which version that is? The update function under Help is broken.
Also, I need a more specific examination of the scan. When you say it completely missed the left/right one, you didn’t say if it was scanning too far to the right or too far to the left?
Finally, I need to see the actual file you’re using for this test. You can email it to me at email@example.com. Also, please post a screenshot or report the Reg Mark settings under Cutter>Cutter Settings. I want to try to reproduce your exact testing file to see if there’s anything that stands out as different from what I might test. Thanks!!!!!!! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.May 6, 2018 at 4:13 pm #32372
Alright! I sent every thing you asked for, let me know if there’s anything else you need from me 🙂May 7, 2018 at 12:35 pm #32398
Received and responded. Hopefully, we’ll be able to get this working correctly. 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.