Zing Air cuts seem to shift

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brad
    Participant

Hi,

I have an issue that hopefully has a fix that I’m just not seeing. I am cutting out some cards with WYSIWYG and I noticed some funky stuff going on with my cuts. Once the cuts get to a certain point they don’t line up and they seem to shift. The other issue is that at the end of the cut when the the end is supposed to meet the beginning, it doesn’t finish off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

, Brad

Chad Youngblut
    Keymaster

Hi Brad,

What type of material are you cutting? Is it a large design, or a thick material? There are two possibilities, from what I know:

1: the cutting mat is shifting while you’re cutting, often referred to as “skewing”.

2: you’re experiencing mechanical slip, which can look like skewing.

Regardless of which, I recommend the following:

Make sure you don’t have too much blade exposed: You just want the blade to barely cut through beyond the thickness of whatever you are cutting. You want the blade to merely “kiss” the cutting mat.

Slow the cutter down: If you’re cutting a little too fast for the thickness of material you’re cutting, you can cause extra resistance.

Try a new blade: If your blade is dull, this can also create resistance, in turn causing the machine to skew.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest