Zing Barely moving when cutting and Seems Confused

Computerized Cutting Systems and Supplies – KLIC-N-KUT Forums Cutters & Equipment KNK Zing / Air / Orbit Zing Barely moving when cutting and Seems Confused

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 1 day, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

rtsugden
    Participant

Hello

I recently had a virus on my computer so my husband wiped it clean and reinstalled everything.  I then went out to KNKUSA and installed the driver for KNK Zing / Zing Air & MAXX Air driver and the Plug-ns for KNK Zing / Zing Air Plugin for MTC.  Also installed MTC.

I then tried to cut something and my zing just fed the mat right out.  So I tried to just cut a small star and it barely moves and starts to cut but quits.  I then decided to uninstall everything and reinstall again.  I tried cutting a circle and it cut it but so so so slowly.  I checked my speed for cutting and it wasn’t that.  When I go to position the blade for cutting it also doesn’t hardly move but when I turn off and on the zing the blade moves fast like it should.

My zing cut just fine before I didn’t have any issues.  Please help.

Thanks

Taralynn

Sandy

Sorry, but I DO need you to verify the speed settings. Please go to the window and take note of both the Up Speed and the Cut Speed. Please report back after you see what they are set at.

Sandy

Sorry, but I DO need you to verify the speed settings. Please go to the window and take note of both the Up Speed and the Cut Speed. Please report back after you see what they are set at.

rtsugden
    Participant

It is set to 10 for Cut and 10 for Up

Zing

Sandy

Maybe try reinstalling the FTDI driver.  You can access it from the following link.  But first, unplug the cutter from your computer. Then download and install. Reboot Windows and wait a bit fro it to come back up. Then plug in the Zing and try again.  If it still is cutting really slow, then I recommend either calling KNK USA  800-268-3672 or starting a support ticket at their site.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm   (look for the words setup executable in the right side column… click on those words).

rtsugden
    Participant

Thanks Sandy, I will give it try when I get home.

rtsugden
    Participant

Thanks, Sandy.  That worked. I really appreciate your help!

Sandy

You’re welcome!  That’s great news!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics