Zing Orbit Settings? HELP

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

someone.online
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for fast reply. Hope Chad will figure this with the engineer. I guess he will help me with replacing the faulty Blue Blade holder as well. Considering the massive error I don’t know if I can ever trust this machine. Don’t know if I can return the Zing Orbit now and what your policy is when customer found this kind of problems. Please note that the Zing did nothing else than the tests ~8h of total usage.

I was hoping to use this machine with the Orbit Accessory promised way long ago. I understand the development process but … how can I ever trust that the machine will perform with Orbit Accessory when simple plane card-stock cuts are so chalenging.

I don’t know what to say about the KNK Zing Orbit now. Way too much headache for some relatively simple tasks. Customer support always assume that the client may do something wrong, it try to be helpful but it’s hard for them to acknowledge that their product have a real problem. Of course your demos run smooth but the customer experience is not same. At least on my machine. I have a broad experience with different machines, some of them build from kits and parts (3D printers, laser cutters, die cutter and a small CNC) but this is by far the most unfriendly experience.

Sandy

The blue blade holder will definitely be replaced.

I regret causing you to waste time repeating so many tests. My only defense is that I’ve been doing this for 12 straight years and at least 95% of the time (if not more) the issues are “new owner” mistakes. There have been way too many occasions when we have assumed, based on customer feedback during troubleshooting, there’s a defect with the cutter itself, changed it out, only to find that the first one was perfectly fine! So then it has to be sold as a refurbished unit.  The loss in profit on that unit combined with the cost of shipping back and forth to the customer,  ends up being a net loss to the company.  Thus, we try to be thorough.

Our #1 goal has always been to have successful customers… to do what’s needed so they that understand their KNK machines and that the machines perform the various tasks that we advertise. We won’t abandon you. We will continue to work with you. So, thank you so much for your continued patience.

someone.online
    Participant

Hi Sandy,

I understand your position and I really appreciate your patience as well. I’m positive that at the end we will solve all those issues and I will finally become a happy customer. I will not let those problems to put a shadow on the fantastic machine Zing Orbit should be. For now I just hope …

Sandy

I have some partially good news. Another new ZO owner reported a similar calibration issue today after updating the firmware. It appears that the factory made a change such that the ZO’s shipping now need a different firmware version.  I understand Chad has emailed this firmware version for you to install. I will be updating the ZO UM in a few minutes to reflect the firmware update only applies to those who received delivery of their ZO’s prior to March of this year.

someone.online
    Participant

Hi Sandy,

I received my Zing on  April 26 (ordered on April 06). When ordered you did not have it in stock. So I guess it’s not from the old lot.

Also .. this big change on the production line should get your supervision/approval so you’ll know what else can be affected. Can you tell me/us what was changed? Custom firmware will not change anything on this issue, will only hide the compensation from customer if no hardware change were made.

Sandy

This is not a custom update.  This firmware update you were sent, like ALL firmware updates, came from the same engineering team who made the changes to the Zing Orbit before the manufacturing of this latest shipment.  Because the head engineer works through an interpreter, KNK USA doesn’t always receive a clear understanding of the changes.  Also, because this is the first time we’ve had a situation like this happen, we’re making it very clear to the factory, that from this point forward, we need to know about ANY and ALL firmware changes so that we don’t inadvertently have our customers updating to a firmware version that isn’t compatible with their particular ZO.  Therefore, this isn’t really a “fix”, but rather the version that would have been installed on your ZO when you received it. This same version you received cannot be installed on, say, my ZO because I have an older ZO and it would then cause me issues.

I hope this makes sense. If you still have questions or issues, please let us know.

someone.online
    Participant

Hi Sandy,

The explanation seems logic. I’ve tested the new firmware and no problem found. Everything works. Will do more test later in the evening.
    I’ve also tested the Blue Blade holder again but no changes.

Just out of curiosity what can be wrong with the holder? Just try to understand and maybe can troubleshoot my self for future.

Sandy

Good news on the firmware update.  Regarding the blade holder, I checked with Chad and he said that a bad bearing is most likely the cause.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Web Statistics