Tagged: zing orbit
August 13, 2018 at 3:44 pm #35001alyaalmahroosParticipant
I purchased Zing Orbit 24 inches and after around two weeks of testing, I hope someone can assist with/clarify the below:
- Cutting Mat: I washed it (as per the instruction provided in the manual) so far 4 times, but it is very sticky that no matter what paper type I stick to it, it tore. The situation is a bit better with labels and vinyl, the back tears a bit, yet it maintains the shape on the top layer. I would like to cut normal papers/cards, but it seems impossible at this stage.
- Red Blade: no matter what settings I use, I’m unable to utilize it cutting papers, stickers and vinyl (those materials I tested so far). I had to shift to the Blue Blade and it works fine with stickers (tables) and vinyl, however I find myself guessing the right settings for it for those materials (jotting down the best settings from my experience that are far away from the recommended settings).
- Blue Blade: if currently is used with the materials meant to be for the red blade, would it work with the thicker ones? Frankly, I’m afraid to test them before I order extra blades in case the sole performing blade got damaged.
- SCAL 5: Two major points till this point. Firstly, though I have downloaded the English version, there are few features that are stated in different language (attached couple of samples).
- Secondly, there is a third option under ‘Pressure’ and ‘Speed’ titled ‘Up Speed’ that is neither highlighted in the manual nor mentioned in any Youtube tutorials. I checked many videos introducing the new features presented in SCAL 5 that were not in SCAL 4 and there was no reference to ‘Up Speed’. It was 10 when I installed the software and kept it as it is.
- Optic Eye Calibration Procedure: Should I change my printer, do I need to go through the same step once again?
- Projects: As indicated above, the Blue Blade was a success, yet I noticed that after cutting 9 sticker sheets (paper adhesive labels) some shapes in the last three sheets did not cut perfectly as the first few sheets (photo is attached). Just to highlight, two sheets only were tested before performing the entire 9 sheets.
<p style=”text-align: center;”></p>
I would like to order extra blades and thinking of ordering Blue and Yellow (to test it). I am not sure if the Red Blade was damaged before shipment as I have already missing items when I unboxed the Zing Orbit.
Looking forward to receiving your tips and tricks from your experience.
Have a nice day.
Thank you in advance.
August 14, 2018 at 12:02 pm #35012SandyModerator
- This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by alyaalmahroos. Reason: Missing addition under 'Up Speed' option
Cutting Mat: Washing the mat will make it stickier again, not unsticky. To reduce stickiness, press a fluffy towel over the mat and pull up. This will place a layer of invisible cotton fibers over the surface, making it less sticky. You may need to do this 3 or 4 times.
Red Blade: It sounds like the red blade is chipped.
Blue Blade: You can use the blue blade with most materials. But it is shaved on both sides to make it very sharp so it is the one that is more likely to get chipped. So, be careful.
SCAL5: KNK USA sells the software but doesn’t do the programming. Please contact Craft Edge at this link to report any missing functions. I assume you are using the Dutch version? http://www.craftedge.com/support/support_form.php
Up Speed: this is how fast the carriage or mat moves when the blade holder is in the up position versus down (when cutting). The programmer just added this setting and I need to update the user manual. You can leave it at 10 or even higher.
Optic Eye Calibration: This is not related to the printer so you do not need to change it based on the printer.
Projects: Do not cut deeper than you need to. It’s better to retract the blade so that only the stickers are being cut and not the backing sheet. You may need to increase pressure but that is better than having too much blade exposed because you don’t want the blade cutting into the mat and dragging the mat.
Missing Items: What was missing from your order? We will get the items sent to you. We need your order number. Thanks and so sorry about this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.